Combating those on a mission on an Amway sales pitch?

Haven't done business class. But determined to only stay 5 star in terms of stay.

What's an aggregator?

The incentive doesn't interest me, may be cos I only really like family trips :)

It's a collection of brokers to 'aggregate' together their volume so that banks will deal with them.

It took me long while to find enough guts (which always equaled rudeness to me as I was bought up very politely) but now, if they dont stop talking I just hang up mid sentence, if they wont leave I stand up and walk to the door and hold it open, if I am at their property, I just get up and say its been nice talking to you but I have to go. It just requires getting your mind in the right place!

I got an online instant message from the girl promoting Amway. Apparently she was going to go buy an IP.....Turns out since IP needs focus and so does the business, she has decided to put all her energy in building the Amway business.... :rolleyes:

Am I missing something???

What I don't understand is whether they realise that people dislike this sort of bulldozer selling, especially from friends, or maybe they just care more about their bank account than alienating friends and acquaintances.

And this thread makes me wonder whatever happened to Grossrealisation. He was into this stuff, wasn't he? I just looked and he seems to have a different name now and only one post back in February. I miss his posts.

Oh yeah... where did grossreal go? I wonder how all of his projects (whether real or not) are going.

I have extended family doing Network21 and I have been to a seminar (very cult-like feeling!) but have never signed anything to join up. Occasionally bought some of the products to try them out years ago and I actually didn't mind the vitamins, but from memory they were expensive.

My theory on the reasoning for the whole cloak-and-dagger type of selling and recruiting is based off 2 things. 1. Amway has a bag stigma associated to the name. 2. A lot of the people that they recruit and that manage to get a whole stack of uplines (or whatever they're called) have limited practical business sense, so wouldn't be able to successfully adapt to challenges and rebuttals... so they make the script as easy as possible for the average Joe Blow to be able to follow.

Say what you will about how crappy the system is, but for people who don't have a legitimate plan/system for building wealth, getting cents from each item that is sold from the people in their group/chain/tree/whatever-you-call-it, will start to amount to something (albeit minuscule compared to what property investors may be used to) when they have 30 families ordering their everyday consumables through Amway, and that is what gets those people hopeful about their potential "success".

I noticed the other day that one of our shower heads is an Amway product (Italian made, mind you). Now I'm worried the ex owners of this house will turn up at my door with a briefcase and a selection of products for their pitch.

:

Am I missing something???

Quite possibly, but not MLM businesses specifically.

Sometimes the things we resist the most and really "get our goat" make for interesting in-depth EI assessment. Obviously I cant speak for anyone but myself, but whenever I have such first world stressors, they are usually a chicken exit for something else that Im not keen on facing.

Someone here has a tag line that goes along the lines of ..............

"those that say it cant be done, should not get in the way of those are doing it"

that doesnt just apply to MLM but in any focussed pursuits of "significant outcome".

All real progress in life, in most endeavours comes at the demands and drive of those that seem to be crazy and beyond currently acceptable self imposed limits.

ta
rolf

Great points Rolf. I agree with you regarding what we resist persists. However I still don't agree with the "ethical" values presented by know it all Amway guys -EVERY time I've encountered one. It really violates one's trust.

Great points Rolf. I agree with you regarding what we resist persists. However I still don't agree with the "ethical" values presented by know it all Amway guys -EVERY time I've encountered one. It really violates one's trust.

Agreed, but just like all IP owners arent slum land lords..................

ta
rolf

i am surprised you did not ask him the classic question "is this Amway...?"
i am v familiar with TeamMak and have met some fantastic business owners & investors who are part of it....am surprised with your experience.
still..i would not generalize...just like many have bad experience with a mechanic,agents,broker etc

They are trained to not answer that question (I'm guessing) as I did ask that question and was fobbed off with some spin (just like asking a question of a politician). When I fell for this spiel, I "knew" it was Amway, but it was a friend and I thought why not at least listen.

He asked us if we had heard of Amway. We said "yes". After that he did not give us an opportunity to speak nor did he ask what we had heard and thought about it!

... and it isn't called Amway any more is it? - (probably so they can truthfully say "no" when people ask them if it is Amway)

Aah....Amway...the fake it till you make it brigade...I had the unfortunate experience of meeting a friend who was into this..needless to say we are not friends anymore.

Amway...is old news....I know a guys who became successful in Amway and is now making a princely sum of 5k per month. Not for me unfortunately....from my perspective....Amway is great if you want to end up with no friends.

Stay away from these pyramid sale schemes, only the earlier / top sales earn the big bucks. If you are stuck on the bottom, it's not even worth your breathe IMO

*sigh*
I have been thinking about replying to this for a little bit but here we go.

I was in Amway for years starting about18 years ago and I would like to say that it was nothing but a positive influence in my life. No, I did not make any money at Amway but then I didn't really go out and show many people either!

What I got out of it was a complete attitude shift.

If I had not been in Amway I really doubt that I would have ever become self-employed, and I certainly would not have 9 investment properties.

Why? Because where hubby and I came from, you just didn't. We didn't know that you could invest in anything other than a bank account. We didn't have books like RDPD come our way.

We learned about personality profiling which has helped our marriage heaps and helps us deal with the different people that come our way.

I read the books and he listened to the tapes and our upline built our confidence, we just applied it outside of Amway into the rest of our life.

So, whilst I am happy that so many of you had an upbringing that meant you were supersmart investors right from age 18 and didn't need any pick-me-ups or pep talks to get going, that is not everyone's experience:(. I learned heaps from Amway that I would have not learned from my normal environment.

So, whilst I am happy that so many of you had an upbringing that meant you were supersmart investors right from age 18 and didn't need any pick-me-ups or pep talks to get going, that is not everyone's experience:(. I learned heaps from Amway that I would have not learned from my normal environment.

Great to hear it helped you joan. However I disagree that many were supersmart investors from aged 18. Monalisa and I have had to work very hard to get a mindset shift and we have always been very conscientious of doing better, being better. We have turned our live around 360 degrees just by personal initiative...So I think it's unfair to assume that everyone who has become an investor at a young age is due to their background/parents money. I do give credit to my mother though for always encouraging us to do our best and be better all the time. That instilled the discipline. But often you only hear the bright side of the story. There is also another side to the coin in most cases.

*sigh*
I have been thinking about replying to this for a little bit but here we go.

I was in Amway for years starting about18 years ago and I would like to say that it was nothing but a positive influence in my life. No, I did not make any money at Amway but then I didn't really go out and show many people either!
That's good. I know that it has done a tremendous amount for many who have chosen to remain with the organisation. My own experience was negative- that's just as a result of how we were approached several times by well meaning, over enthusiastic people. I had felt short changed having been invited by friends to what I thought was a dinner. We went home hungry and disappointed. My own parents once invited me to a "business opportunity". I was by that stage able to identify what the opportunity was- and it is a model than other organisations have followed, so it's not just Amway.
What I got out of it was a complete attitude shift.

If I had not been in Amway I really doubt that I would have ever become self-employed, and I certainly would not have 9 investment properties.
Great. All of us here have had some sort of attitude shift from somewhere.

I got my attitude shift from Peter Spann. And I wasn't so young then. Many got it from Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Back