Combine health insurance with life insurance?

hi all,

i was checking through my balance sheet last night and noticed that 2 of my biggest regular expense items are health insurance (MBF) and life insurance (ING, also includes TPD + income protection)

my ING cover is almost due for renewal, and given that i'm recently married is there any way i can combine health insurance with life insurance, and/or combine my cover with my wife's?

Yes there is. You should take to a couple of insurance brokers.

Also since you are recently married you should see about updating your (and your new wife's) will if you have not already done so :)

Just searched a few dozen insurance brokers but couldn't find one that combined health and life. Can you recommend a broker?

Can you recommend a broker?

Not without filling in all sorts of paperwork disclosing the fact that I don't make any kickbacks out of doing so :rolleyes::D

I seem to remember that many of the big insurers, MLC, AMP et al offered health insurance as part of their offerings. But this was some time ago. Am I out of date?

I seem to remember that many of the big insurers, MLC, AMP et al offered health insurance as part of their offerings. But this was some time ago. Am I out of date?

It's definitely worth a look... but I think I'd be drowned in options if I looked into every company available; and I'm not even 100% certain that it's cheaper to bundle it under one company in the first place!

I've popped a message to a friend at MLC but the whole thing is quite daunting. Which IMO is pretty silly given that health insurance covers you if your health goes a bit bad, and life insurance/tpd/ip covers you if your health goes a bit worse still... surely there is a competitive bundle out there somewhere.