CommInsure insurance vs EBM/Terry Scheer

Am looking into changing insurers as CommInsure don't cover if the tenants are not on a fixed lease. I gather that EBM and Terry Scheer are the two to look at for landlord specific, and EBM seems to get a fairly good review on here.

EBM online quote for Rentcover Platinum came back $500 less than the $1600 I currently pay....are EBM that much cheaper? Terry Sheer was about $1300. I didn't realise CommInsure were so much more expensive? Can't help but wonder why EBM is so much cheaper....unless the $100 excess I have isn't standard?

$1600 for just landlord insurance alone? or does it include building insurance as well? seems a bit expensive.

I had taken one out with Comminsure for $1000 that included building and accidental damage by tenant + lost of rent, but my chose $1000 excess though.

Does anyone know EBM can pay by monthly without additional charge?

Sorry - it's building/contents with landlord protection or whatever it's called attached to that. The EBM and Terry Scheer quotes were for the same all inclusive. Only $285 for the EBM one without the building/contents part.

The only 'contents' in the CommInsure PDS that of interest was carpet and window blinds..
Unless you can prove tenant damage it, Insurer often deny claim saying its wear and tear. Blinds are some cheaper and often exceed excess.
Both the vertical and carpet i would a total no more than replace with new.
Hence I didn't go with the content portion coverage.

The CI seem to cover most items that are fixed and fitted to the insured address, and I believe kitchen, stove, ovens, dishwashers, aircon, wardrobes as well...

I think the Content coverage added $300 to the premium, just to cover blinds and carpet.

Am looking into changing insurers as CommInsure don't cover if the tenants are not on a fixed lease. I gather that EBM and Terry Scheer are the two to look at for landlord specific, and EBM seems to get a fairly good review on here.

EBM online quote for Rentcover Platinum came back $500 less than the $1600 I currently pay....are EBM that much cheaper? Terry Sheer was about $1300. I didn't realise CommInsure were so much more expensive? Can't help but wonder why EBM is so much cheaper....unless the $100 excess I have isn't standard?

Just to clarify CommInsure DOES cover if tenants aren't on a fixed lease, but needs to still be a periodic lease. I have confirmed this with the underwritters (again today) as one of my tenants is on a periodic lease after their fixed term lease expired years ago. Tenants still are bound by the lease, have to provide notice and a bond is still held.

Back