Community Library

Hi,
Can i also get on the list? Any of those classic books which Rob posted would be great. If you have any left Rob, please PM me - or anyone who has beaten me to it when they've finished.

I can't contribute anything at the moment but will certainly do so when i get my little library together. I'm hoping this will hopefully continue indefinitely - great idea Andrew.

f.f. = I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but there's a very old and well established law that says you can do whatever you want with a piece of property after you have purchased it. The owner of this property gets royalties when it is originally sold, not everytime it is passed onto someone else.

You really don't believe that your local library records what they lend out and then sends off a cheque to the author?
Or second hand book shops also do the same when they resell a book?

Mark

Bumping this. I'm still at uni, and I'm trying to research and get as much knowledge and information as possible before I graduate and move to buy my first property in late 2013. Any books that you have read and recommend I would love to have a read of. I'm happy to pay a fee or postage or something - I just can't afford to buy books myself, and m local library doesn't have a great selection.

Thanks!

Bumping this. I'm still at uni, and I'm trying to research and get as much knowledge and information as possible before I graduate and move to buy my first property in late 2013. Any books that you have read and recommend I would love to have a read of. I'm happy to pay a fee or postage or something - I just can't afford to buy books myself, and m local library doesn't have a great selection.

Then travel to another library with better resources. Unless you can't afford a bus ticket? You seriously can't afford to buy books? Are you eating and drinking? Cut a meal out and you can buy a book.

Hi Owl

Visit your local library and register to have internet access. Libraries in Victoria are linked and if your library doesn't have a copy they can get one. In the past few months I have been able to get hold of most of the recommended reading suggested on SS - and the books came from all over the state. When they came in my library sent me an email and I picked them up.

As a uni student you also have access to a library and to a system where books are shared between universities so you could try here also.

I read through this - and wondered about the copyright infringements - and similarity to file sharing.

Wonder how it went back in 2003?

Thanks!
My uni library has a great selection of property investment books, hidden away in the dusty old books section. I was surprised to suddenly find them, you should double check yours.

Back