Companies in Melbourne to engage for developments

Hello - I am new to developing and firstly, would like to know what is the best way to find out about the different stages of developing?

Secondly, what companies in Melbourne can help with the different stages and the developing of apartments. I would need to be in touch with a company who can help with all stages, including research, feasability through to financing and construction.

Thirdly, what are some of the pro's and cons with using such companies? Should I be trying to use one company who does all or should the different stages be assigned to different companies?
Sorry about asking so much in one post. Thanks.

Not selling but the last few Australian property investor magazine had a multy edition run on this stuff it was pretty good i thought perhaps you could chase some back issues, good luck.

Do mean there are people out there I can pay to go through all the pain and suffering for me?

Wish I had know about this earlier, might have kept my sanity.

Who should I engage before the Project Managers?

Thanks Adrian & Amber, CraigB, Rolf Schaefer.

What other companies would I need to engage with before signing on with a developing project managing company?

For example, I would want insurance of some sort, so I don't lose my home. I would also want some precedences set with the project managers. I would want solid quotations with no extra's from tradesmen. I would want to have the flexibility to change contractors in the event there are issues etc. What other safety measures do I need to consider, so that all goes smoothly with the company I engage with and I have cover in the event something does go wrong? Property Lawyers?
Thanks.

I would actually start with an architect, not a property development company.

I've used JAM Architects (based in Richmond, Melbourne) a couple of times now and was very happy with their designs, but I'd suggest you interview say 2 or 3 different firms.

The architect can then advise you on how to getting planning permission, and which builders & project managers you could use.

Back