Compare - What is your std variable interest rate?

I don't see much point in this thread.. but no harm :)

ANZ - 5.4 % (soon to be 4.99% fixed)
Bankwest - 5.54% (290K)

The point of the thread is: say two people are both with CBA and one is getting a better std var rate. Then the other person can complain to CBA and get a better offer or switch to another bank.

The purpose of your thread is then flawed:

Eg: you have $300k at CBA at 5.5%, yet Aaron might have a slightly better discount at 5.4% because he has $3mil at CBA.

It's not all about rate...

pinkboy....disclaimer - numbers have been made up!

The purpose of your thread is then flawed:

Eg: you have $300k at CBA at 5.5%, yet Aaron might have a slightly better discount at 5.4% because he has $3mil at CBA.

pinkboy....disclaimer - numbers have been made up!

I think most educated people know if you borrow more they give you a better rate.

Hence I posted the loan amount... Refer to OP.

People know how to compare apples with apples. hehe. :D but thanks for point it out!

I think most educated people know if you borrow more they give you a better rate.

Hence I posted the loan amount... Refer to OP.

People know how to compare apples with apples. hehe. :D but thanks for point it out!

For some people though, how much borrowed may be rather personal!

pinkboy....me included

For some people though, how much borrowed may be rather personal!

pinkboy....me included

Well no one is forcing you to part take in this thread.

It's not compulsory to post here. :confused:

Moreover, we are hidden behind the veil of anonymity called the internet. :cool:

If you don't feel comfortable sharing any details then don't. You are still welcomed to compare from what others have contributed. :)

As I mentioned earlier, its not all about rate! You have to consider why someone is getting the rate they are getting. Is it a Low Doc or Full Doc loan? Offset attached? Premium member or long term investor with said bank? Honeymoon rate before SVR? Fees, low fees or no fees? Pennies or $millions invested?

Most educated people know, its not all about the rate.

Best way to compare rates is to do a little digging around yourself or via 3rd party (Broker) after determining what loan features suit your situation best.

I think it would be foolish to think you could call up bank discharges and say 'so and so from SS is getting .1% less than me, so match it or Im walking'!

I think you need some more specifics to compare 'apples with apples'!

pinkboy

Last edited:
I think it would be foolish to think you could call up bank discharges and say 'so and so from SS is getting .1% less than me, so match it or Im walking'!

I did exactly that but I didn't say I heard it on SS. I argued "why new customers are getting a lower rate than existing customers and CBA cut my std var rate by .20% both times. " I can print screen my the text message and netbank message if you don't believe me.

I swear this is true, cross my heart hope to die if I lied.

I'm getting 5.45% with Westpac and 5.59% with St George. About to lock in St George at 4.99% for two years though (well I think, keep changing my mind).

What is your variable interest rate?
(no honeymoon period or introductory rates)

Mine: CBA - 5.5% (3 years old) - $300k

I just realised, that I'm paying too much.

$400K, LVR= 76%, 5.71% Homeside

I just finished my fixed rate period 5 days ago, and about to fix it again for 2 years, so I haven't bothered to negotiate. But it's too much.

Back