Compass Housing

Has anyone had any experience with these guys?

Seem to be pretty favourable terms for landlords, however it is basically turning your property into public housing.

This is for a rural NSW area.

I've herd some good things and bad things. Biggest problem i hear is that the landlord has no choice over what tennants are placed into the property.

Yeah I could see that could cause some issues. The man I was speaking to today did mention in passing that they would advise of the tenants situation, but I did not ask directly if we woudl have veto powers.

Not sure if I would be overly fussy if the (as in the agreement) they were responsible for damage or repairs from tenant (and this was watertight)...

I have a mate up on the Central Coast who built about a dozen SEPP 5 two bedders which he has leased for 10 years to Compass. Very happy with the outcome, zero vacancies, basically a commercial quality lease with A grade tenant, money rolls into the bank on a monthly basis with no issues. If he had more land, he would be building and leasing more out to them.

Thanks for the feedback guys - Going to speak with them further today and get some more clarity around what they class as damage vs wear and tear etc...

Dont mind the sound of the commercial lease and terms etc though ;-)

Back