Conan the Investor

W

WebBoard

The world's most famous condom full of walnuts, Golden Globe winner Arnold Schwartzenegger, explained his goal setting approach on 60 Minutes tonight. He described the three things he chased from the age of ten: to go to the USA, to be a film star, and to be a millionaire by the age of 30.

By his late 20s, he was living in the USA with a couple of minor movies under his belt ("Hercules in New York", anyone?). At this point, in order to achieve his third goal (wealth) he went off and learned about business and managing money.

Shortly thereafter he made his first million, in...

yes, you guessed it

Real estate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1.1

In case anyone doesn't know the history, and misinterprets Gail's tongue-in-cheek response as the standard Anglo-Australian tradition of using cynical excuses to dismiss other people's success, I will of course point out that Maria Shriver popped up on the scene over a decade later. By that time Arnie owned over $50M (can someone confirm the number? I read it years ago) of RE in New York and Venice Beach (thank you Jeremy Laws for that snippet), amongst other places. And of course he had started making some good movies -- the income from which he has further invested in property and business. Jackie Onassis-Kennedy would never have let her niece marry someone who needed a handout. Especially a _Republican_ with such an outrageous Austrian accent.

I just wonder how he deals with problem tenants. ;o)

Reply: 1.1.1

G'day GoMichael,

>> I just wonder how he deals with problem tenants. ;o)

He probably just rings them and says ... "I'll be back..."

Regards,

Les

- "Eschew Obfuscation" - ;^)

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Gail is a loser. I have read Arnies autobiography some years ago and if I recall his strategy for real estate, was by cheap, rundown properties, renovate (sometimes himself) and sell. I dont think 50 million is correct, but he didnt go into too much detail.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Hi DD

Thems pretty unkind words for someone hiding behind an anon name dont you think?

ta

Rolf

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Of course my comment was tongue in cheek. I haven't missed an Arnie film and I have total respect for his success as an investor.

Mr. Diggler's rudeness seems to know no bounds....

G

Back