Conflict of interest

I've recently found a property that is being sold by the company I work for (I work for a large agricultural company that has a real estate section attached in some locations ).

The property is not listed with our office as we don't deal with residential real estate.

Is there any conflict of interest i want to purchase this property, or is simply disclosing that I work for the same company enough to get me out of trouble?

I would assume that the agent would need to disclose this to the vendor?

Thanks

Prob just disclose that you're same company different office.

As long as vendor is advised of it and the selling agent doesn't treat you differently to any other purchaser, should be fine.

I think some states have a particular set of paperwork that needs to be filled in to disclose an employee of an agency is purchasing a property listed by the agency. It's a hassle, but it can be done.

Disclose it to ensure you don't fall foul of any pecuniary interest rules at work. Providing you don't have access to or have viewed the criteria of the company as to how much they want (checked out their valuation), then you are on a level playing field

Back