Confused with E-Tax

I have got an investment property and trying to complete the tax return myself through e-tax.

I am using diminishing value method. The depreciation schedule has got 3 items as follows:
1) Depreciation Pland and Equipment: $2,647
2) Low Value Pool Items: $444
3) Capital works deductions: $162
--------------
Total: $3,254

I believe that 1) needs to be claimed under item I in the rental property schedule in e-tax. Similarly 3) needs to be claimed under item R) in the rental property schedule.

I believe that 2) needs to be claimed under D6 in low value pool deduction. But I am not sure how to complete the Low value pool worksheet provided by e-tax. I am finding it quite confusing. All I want to do is to enter the amount provided in my depreciation schedule.

Any help/suggesiton is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vish

I have got an investment property and trying to complete the tax return myself through e-tax.

I am using diminishing value method. The depreciation schedule has got 3 items as follows:
1) Depreciation Pland and Equipment: $2,647
2) Low Value Pool Items: $444
3) Capital works deductions: $162
--------------
Total: $3,254

I believe that 1) needs to be claimed under item I in the rental property schedule in e-tax. Similarly 3) needs to be claimed under item R) in the rental property schedule.

I believe that 2) needs to be claimed under D6 in low value pool deduction. But I am not sure how to complete the Low value pool worksheet provided by e-tax. I am finding it quite confusing. All I want to do is to enter the amount provided in my depreciation schedule.

Any help/suggesiton is appreciated.

Thanks,
Vish

You aren't the first to find etax confusing.
ALL rental costs can be claimed as a deduction under the rental schedule, ignore the low value pool deduction issues where it wants them at a different label D6. That's just there to confuse you. Even tax agent software doesn't do that. The reason for them adding D6 is to make it so confusing that people don't claim. If they query something on review they can fix it then. You know your deduction is legit. My tip is add both depreciation items and clain the larger sum in the rental schedule. Just split the depn and CA apart.

Back