Congratulations Melbourne Storm

Melbourne storm, 2009 premiers.

I was going for Parramatta. I'd think most NSW people would have been. I'd imagine a lot of Queenslanders would be going for Melbourne, as they have a lot of QLD players in their side.

I've always held a soft spot for the storm though. It must be tough being a league team in AFL heartland. In any city in NSW or QLD the storm players would have superstar status, but in Victoria most people would have trouble knowing who the players were.

The storm have only been in the NRL for 12 years. They have been in 5 grand finals, and won 3. Even the storm under 20's won today. A great effort.

See ya's.

I've always held a soft spot for the storm though. It must be tough being a league team in AFL heartland. In any city in NSW or QLD the storm players would have superstar status, but in Victoria most people would have trouble knowing who the players were.

I think that's the reason they've been hugely succesful - less public pressure.

Yeah first half of rugby I've ever watched in it's entirety. Don't understand how they score or the rules or anything but it held my attention for a while.
All my mexican mates are the same - know absolutely nothing about the game.

I thought the grand final was to be played Sunday evening, so when i heard the news late sunday afternoon, the Storm had won.

I am an AFL follower and know little of the game, but Billy Slater is a legend. If most of your blokes were like that, league would not have a PR issue around the country.

Back