Construction cost per square metre

Dave nice link, I'm a builder and there are so many factors that can contribute to pricing.
From what areas I know they look to be a very good guide.

Thanks for that Muffinman. Obviously there's a range of factors which can have an influence, but it's nice to have a handy reference chart for doing rough calculations. It's nice to know they're close to reality.

Thanks Dave. I suppose the site costs are in addition to that. God only knows what they could be. I spoke to an owner builder recently who mentioned that for his recent duplex block, he paid $25k just so his shi*ter can be connected to the mains. Lets not even go there with the rock he hit...

hi
not accurate at all.
are the number the areas of the units or are they including common areas.
if just the rooms say on the 3 storey walk up the cost is 175k but if you include the common area the cost goes to 220k and thats not inc the green area.
the others include common area but does the 3 storey and the higher
why because we are upto about 210 for 85 sq which is 2470 per sq and that not inc common area.
so these number are for me a bit out.
the hotel numbers are out also.
why because most 3 and below don't have bar and rest the 3.5 to 4 do and the constructions the same its the finish thats different.
and the last 3 star was 2,119 construct cost and thats finished up and running
so they are high on this and very low on resi whch is a bit wrong for me.
but its a guide.
so are the guide dogs

The one that interests me most is "3 level walk-up unit complex, concrete structure ground floor parking "

What are your feelings on this? Accurate? Or way off? You're saying it's way off, yes?

Hi Dave,

Seems pretty accurate to me...

"Multi-level apartment building, including lift and basement car parking"

at $1,931 to $2,896 for medium to high level finish is exactly what my architect / QS / REAs suggest it will cost me, which is $2,500 per m2.

Cheers,
Michael

Back