contacting victims of serious crime.

I reckon if they have put themselves on FB the they would expect some contact or reminder from their past. Good and bad
Good luck with it all, and l hope you all get a smile from it:)
cheers
yadreamin

........... help close some doors for them (and me i guess...).

Sounds to me like you are opening rather than closing doors.

I assume you are wanting to get re-acquainted with your friend and renew the relationship? Otherwise, personally I can't see why one would want to revisit the past.

Good luck either way.

Last edited:
Sounds to me like you are opening rather than closing doors.

I assume you are wanting to get re-acquainted with your friend and renew the relationship? Otherwise, personally I can't see why one would want to revisit the past.

Good luck either way.

not wanting to even re-acquaint - you sound almost accusatory.

i just want to make sure they're okay all these years later, and CLOSE a VERY OPEN DOOR.

assumptions are the mother of all f*ck ups - remember that - and you assumed wrong. it's not about re-visting "ol' times", it's about making sure they are okay after a near-on forced separation and nil contact over 15 years.

it's about mending the ignorance of my youth.

Blue Card, I think you have made it very clear already, why you wanted to make contact with these people. Joe has most certainly read your posts wrong, or if he is choosing that stance, then just ignore his comments. I hope you have contact from these people which will enable you to feel some peace. I still think eithier way that making the first step of contact even if they choose not to reply is a positive one for you.

I haven't heard anything yet, so i imagine i wont and i'm not going to press it any further.

thanks for all the encouragement and alternate POVs.

Maybe you will never hear anything Blue Card, but that does not mean that your gesture has not been noticed, and possibly appreciated.
Marg

Back