Contents

Howdy

Anyone using the Tenant Cover Provided by EBM and had a claim?
Landlord Protection is pretty good.
Tenant cover is quite cheap comparatively speaking( half the cost of combank for twice the claim amount) this makes me wonder if I'm comparing apples with tennis balls.

Cheers

Commbank ??? ................Run.
EBM's policy is a special purpose policy intended for a specific market segment. Ditto Terri Sheer. "General Insurer" policies tend to try to fill the market but often lack robust cover or have holes for a truck to drive through. Its like travel insurance - You can find yourself uncovered if you don't buy carefully.

Draw up a page with three columns. Left colum is the feature and other two colums are for how each policy deals with that issue. Compare policy wordings, coverage terms and limits for both policies. ie waiting periods, definition of tenant, insured events, conditions (ie Police report) and so on. Ignore price to start with.

Final line - Cost. You will already have made a decision before you get to this item I can assure you. I can say I see lots of landlord insurance costs in tax returns. The EBM cost is competitive and on the low end. Some are outrageous and play fear to ramp up prices for those who don't shop around and use their own home insurer for convenience or a 5% discount.

I don't use EBM personally so cant comment on claims experience.

Thanks Paul.
I currently have a few policies with EBM and have claimed with them in the past. However This has only been for Landlord protection.
Pretty much only after the insurance for Legal Liability, not concerned about the actual contents as we are not super Materialistic and majority of small stealable items are work paid for :)

Back