Contract of sale

you can buy standard form contracts from your state real estate institute (or maybe a friendly re agent will give you a blank copy so you can peruse one)

or you could go ask your solicitor to prepare one...a few dollars spent could mean thousands saved if it goes pear shaped...

there may be sites you can download from - but remember not to infringe the REIV/law society's copyright in the std form...

Contracts are a bit like a chainsaw. A useful tool but use one incorrectly and it'll end in tears. :p

N.

Friend of mine just bought one last week from an office supply/stationary shop for $3.00 in Brisbane.
Have fun
Roz

Originally posted by NigelW
you can buy standard form contracts from your state real estate institute (or maybe a friendly re agent will give you a blank copy so you can peruse one)

or you could go ask your solicitor to prepare one...a few dollars spent could mean thousands saved if it goes pear shaped...

there may be sites you can download from - but remember not to infringe the REIV/law society's copyright in the std form...

Contracts are a bit like a chainsaw. A useful tool but use one incorrectly and it'll end in tears. :p

N.

I disagree, and vehemently agree, in that order!!

Be careful using an REIV contract in VIC, if you are not a member of the REIV, there is a clause on the back of the contract (which forms part of the contract) that says that if they are used by a non-REIV-member the contract is voidable. They have been reprinted last year, and this may have been removed, but better to check.

I absolutely agree with Nigel, in that most solicitors and conveyancers have standard contracts, I assume you will be using someone to do your conveyancing, approach them, it is usually only an extra hundred dollars or so (sometimes less, mine charged me nothing!!) to use their standard contract, It's worth the ask!

hope this helps

asy :D

Roz said:
Friend of mine just bought one last week from an office supply/stationary shop for $3.00 in Brisbane.
Have fun
Roz

Hi Roz, Do you know which stationary shop? I would like to do exactly the same thing!

Cheers
Alwayscurious

Back