Convenyancer needed - QLD!

Hi Guys,

Im in need of a good conveyancer in Brisbane, QLD.

Buying a 2 bedroom strata unit about 5kms out of brisbane CBD.

This is my first purchase so if anyone has had any good first experiences with one please share :)

Also, if someone could recommend someone decent for the following that would also be much appreciated:
> Building and pest inspection
> Strata Inspection

Thanks in advance

Fiona Franke lawyers. In gold coast but that's fine. They have done several Brisbane purchases for us.

They have a comprehensive process and checklist, very professional.

We deal with April there.
[email protected]
(07) 5539 5858

Hi Guys,

Im in need of a good conveyancer in Brisbane, QLD.

Buying a 2 bedroom strata unit about 5kms out of brisbane CBD.

This is my first purchase so if anyone has had any good first experiences with one please share :)

Just do a search within this site there are a few Brisbane-Based Solicitors that post and give free advice,only my opinion but when the #### hits the high speed fans as it sometimes does first time around a conveyancer can only carry the can so far,then the Solicitor come in to fix up the mess,you get a legal letter from a conveyance and one just throws it in the bin,one from a Solicitor will be taken very different,,.imho..

Hi OP,

Darryl Richards and his team at Certus Legal get good reps on this forum.
If this is your 1st purchase maybe having a solicitor that can give you legal advice is more beneficial (?).

Re: B&P, if you search the forums there has been a few threads on that.
buildingpro
theinspector
BPI etc

All the best mate!

Never buy a body corp lot without an inspection of the body corp records.

Expect to pay 900-1000 in fees plus gst and outlays.

Solicitor will organise strata report as part of your purchase.

theinspector.com.au always seems to look after my clients for building inspections.

Conveyancers are not allowed to operate in QLD but many law firms use a lot of unqualified staff loosely supervised by a solicitor

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,

Looking on the Certus Legal i think i will just get the premium pack ($2,200) to be safe.

it says it includes:

Body Corp info certificate
CTS Statement & CMS

Is this sufficient to cover the body corp checks? Will they notify me if there is any irregularies or do they just hand it over and i have to check it out myself?

Certus Legal can actually advise you which package is most suitable for the property you're buying (I'm quite sure you don't need the $2200 developer one).

And a note to that is: if they think you only need the value package (based on what prop you purchase and what's required) they will tell you that and won't push/upsell you to the higher priced ones.

IMO for a first-timer (like myself) having a solicitor would be a better option than conveyancer - when you are more experienced and know all the in and outs then a conveyancer will suffice.

And if you have any questions just email Darryl - he's very responsive.

Hope all goes well!

Good conveyancer makes a big difference! I've had my fair struggles with them in the past (perhaps my expectations were to high).

Just used Rod Johanson for two recent purchases in QLD. Think his Gold Coast based (Bundall?). His done an amazing job so far - it's great dealing with the owner/partner direct and not 5 minions without much know how.

Good luck,

Cheers,
Redom

Good conveyancer makes a big difference! I've had my fair struggles with them in the past (perhaps my expectations were to high).

Just used Rod Johanson for two recent purchases in QLD. Think his Gold Coast based (Bundall?). His done an amazing job so far - it's great dealing with the owner/partner direct and not 5 minions without much know how.

Good luck,

Cheers,
Redom

How much did he charge?

Back