Converting a Word document to a jpeg??

Can anyone tell me a safe way to convert a 2 page Word document, to a jpeg file?
I have Googled, but am nervous about downloading software onto my PC, when I don't know whether a website is safe or not.

Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Caroline

You could paste screenshots into paint, and save them as jpgs, or there are safe sites you can download a program to convert them for you, but i'm curious as to why you want to save them as jpgs?

It is for my family's annual Christmas newsletter - a 2 page summary of our year in words and photos.
I am trying to get with the times (and save trees and ink) by posting it to Facebook, rather than print and include with mailed Christmas cards.
Facebook seems to be happy to load jpeg images, but not Word docs.

Thanks James, I'll see if I can scan and save as jpeg - great idea.

Vincenzo - thanks for suggestion but I don't think I can do the two pages with paint - at least in a size that can be read anyway. If you know a safe site, I'd love to hear about it, though I will try Jame's idea first.

:)
Caroline

I just tried it out, just because i hate recomending something that i haven't used... and it's kinda crappy because it will only let you save the first page of a word doc... so you'd have to save the second page into a new file.

It also asks you to buy it, and only lets you use it 30 times for free.

I'm guessing it's good enough to do what you want though... there would be some full version free one's out there, i can find one if you need it - i'm feeling generous today i guess :confused:

Download the bullzip PDF printer from http://www.bullzip.com.

This allows you to "print" anything to a PDF, JPEG etc.

It installs as a printer. So you would open your document in Word and then print it to the bullzip writer. When you do this bullzip will ask you where you want to save the file and what format you want.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi,

Kind of related question, is there a way to convert a Jpeg to a gif file easily.

I can do it by sending an email and it asks to reduce size of file, it then turns my photo jpeg into a Gif and attaches it to the email, but if I want to post to a forum a jpeg is too big. If I can convert to a Gif it is better.

Any suggestions or instructions appreciated, please write any instruction in "dummy speak"

thanks

Hi,

Kind of related question, is there a way to convert a Jpeg to a gif file easily.

I can do it by sending an email and it asks to reduce size of file, it then turns my photo jpeg into a Gif and attaches it to the email, but if I want to post to a forum a jpeg is too big. If I can convert to a Gif it is better.

Any suggestions or instructions appreciated, please write any instruction in "dummy speak"

thanks

Use Irfanview. It converts image files, renames, resizes. A fantastic freebie.
Get it here - http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

Install & open Irfanview. File-Batch Conversion/Rename.
Put a dot in Batch Conversion
Choose output file type (gif) and folder to put it in.
You can use the Advanced button to resize, rename etc if you want to.
Look In........for image - Click Add.
Then click Start Batch

2nd Option
If your jpg is a high quality digital camera pic it's probably about 2.5-3mbs (mine are anyway). You could just resize to reduce file size by clicking on Image-Resize and choose 640x480 (standard photo size), OK. The file will reduce down to about 250kb or less (depends how detailed the pic is) and keeps its quality.

Hi,

thanks
Open the jpeg in microsoft Office Picture Manager. Save as .gif file.

Would you have been better loading the pictures into facebook, and then separately copy in the text? That would create clearer text and probably clearer pictures.

You'll never get the photos of your word document at a high enough resolution in facebook for anyone to be able to read them. When uploading to facebook their software compresses the files a lot.

Never Nat?
Each page can be spread out over two or three pages if neccesary.
The font size can be increased aswell, etc.

And then save each page using the excellent link Ethann provided, not that crappy one Vincenzo posted - i don't know what he was thinking :confused:

Yeah but when you upload to facebook they compress the file and you can only get it so big. It doesn't matter how large the file is you upload - it shrinks in the wash so to speak.

Thank you to all those that responded to my request,

I ended up scanning and saving as jpegs - 2 A4 pages so 2 files.
They uploaded to Facebook okay, but yep, too small on the screen to
read the font (which was only 10). No zoom function to get in closer.

I ended up doing as Geoff suggested and just starting a new photo album, and putting little bits of my text with each photo. Not quite what I wanted to do, but good enough.

Really appreciate the advice everyone. Thanks!

:)
Caroline

Back