Converting Double Garage to Granny Flat

I have a split level house in the Blue Mountains & am l looking at converting the ground floor double garage into a self-contained (granny flat) unit.

I was initially looking at making it into 2 bedrooms but a draftsman has told me there probably isn't enough room due to size restrictions for the bathroom & laundry.

So, my first question(for now :)) is - I've just received a quote from the draftsman & my initial reaction is that it's quite expensive.

Does anyone know a draftsman in the Blue Mountains they would recommend & do you know what sort of cost I sould be expecting?

Thanks

Sorry for not being clear. He's quoting to design the internal layout & draw up the plans ready for council submission.

Hi Shushar,

I run an online drafting service, just to give you a ball park figure I would probably charge between $600 - $1400. assuming that you have existing plans of the house or can measure and sketch the house yourself. (if not you would need a local draftsman who can measure everything on site which would cost more).

Back