Conveyancer in Newcastle?

G'day G,

I have used a solicitor based in The Junction for my last 2 purchases and they were quite good: UTR Law, either Wayne Roddenby or Julie Fox.

Best of luck,

JJ

why does you conveyancer need to be in newcastle?

i have used one up in taree for nearly 10 years now and have yet to meet him. however, he is brilliant at what he does and very reasonable price (and lovely fella to boot).

Does anyone recommend a good conveyancer in Newcastle - preferably the CBD area?

I have used Tony Morris of Conveyancing Services in Adamstown (about 10mins out of cbd) a few times in the past. See http://www.conveyancing-services.com.au/index.html

This has included two 'problem' conveyances; one where the purchaser defaulted for a period of two months and another where we were buying and the vendor defaulted 48 hrs prior to settlement. Both were handled very well, although the one where the vendor defaulted had to be referred onto a solicitor. All this was handled quite smoothly and the converyancer actually attended at the solicitors with us to brief the solicitor on the history of the matter.

Haven't lived in Newcastle for nearly two years now though, so my opinion may be outdated. Fees were very reasonable too.

Angela :)

Simply the best solicitor/conveyancer i have ever had dealings with...

Skye Clarke
Freshwater Legal
Principal

Newcastle Office
22 Letchworth Parade Balmoral NSW 2283
Phone (02) 4975 2625
Fax (02) 4913 5319

Sydney Office
23 Fishbourne Road Allambie NSW 2100
Phone (02) 9939 0780
Fax (02) 9939 2338

Mobile 0421 010 943
Email [email protected]
www.freshwaterlegal.com

I'm looking for a solicitor to process a property purchase in Newcastle this week. If there are any others I should consider then please let me know.

Although a conveyancer in your home town is not necessary, has anyone found it a disadvantage to use one well away from the locality you are buying in?

When I bought in Brisbane I used a local solicitor from one of a few mentioned to me by agents (the one I had lined up from SS recommendation a couple of months earlier had left the company and the company never returned my call).

As a result of the solicitors local knowledge of/and experience in dealing with the council and their laws he added a clause to the contract to protect me. I doubt if a solicitor or conveyancer out of the area without regular dealings with the council would have been aware of the potential trap for me as buyer.

Are my concerns with using a solicitor or conveyancer outside the area without local knowledge justified. I have been told that some will contact another firm in the area of where the house is to ask if anything they should be aware of.

I also prefer someone local as well but yes good point beachside. Anyway I picked someone listed here and they seem really good. The important thing is they are good to talk to and want to help get things rolling. My last solicitors were a joke Lizzie, I think I wrote about it once and that is why I didn't want to go with them.

Although my solicitor was on the ball with the local council knowledge he dropped the ball in other areas.....and settlement was delayed costing me money - which I held him responsible for. He paid!

I suspect a good conveyancer (who deals only with property) is better than an average solicitor of which conveyancing is only one of the areas they work in....and left to the receptionist to look after!

But how many conveyancers are clued up with knowledge and skills for wording of contracts out of the norm. Some of the ones I have contacted in the past and asked what their experience was with wording contracts for early access (or similar) have told me it can't be done. Probably would not find their way around a broken down car on their way home!!

Back