Conveyancer QLD - recommendation?

Hi,
I am buying my business partners' 50% share in an IP we have together in QLD.
There is a very good relationship between us so no searches for encumbrances, bad debts etc are needed and I am familiar with all the financials on the property.
Can anyone recommend a good QLD conveyancer to do this swap?
Thx,
John

It Has to be a solicitor in Qld, there are no conveyancers allowed. We still run on the meet up and swap cheques model too. Bring on electronic conveyancing. Good luck with your purchase

Ahhh, thx. I was unaware of that.
Electronic conveyancing...Yes, it should be something that could be done I would have thought.
Cheers,
John Bradshaw

Prices are interesting
One of the big advertisers have a low price, but then settlement fees, extension fees etc all ad up. Also their solicitor/ paralegal ratio is crazy.

We charge $800 for house and $900 unit purchase, plus searches
$500 for a sale

but fees are fixed so it seems to work out alright for clients. Plus we actually have solicitors look over it rather than purely paralegals. Its interesting but last time I heard conveyancing is the area with the highest claim rate on Lexon (qld law socitey insurance scheme).

Good luck with sorting it

Thx again...I was quoted ~$450 and thought it a tad high, but maybe it's not so bad. This is a straight taking off my partner's name. Nothing more than that, no searches etc.
JB

Thx again...I was quoted ~$450 and thought it a tad high, but maybe it's not so bad. This is a straight taking off my partner's name. Nothing more than that, no searches etc.
JB

You could try doing it yourself. Really it is just a transfer form and arranging settlement with the bank.

You should probably seek legal advice regarding various issues, both legal and tax (including stamp duty).

John

Try Leonie Dixon at CSM Conveyancing in Beenleigh.

Leonie has personally acted for me on over 200 transactions over the last 15 years but i have also referred hundreds of clients to her over the same period.

A simple Form 1 Transfer document she will do with her eyes closed.

Tell her i sent you along and i am sure she will look after you.

What about RPI up above. I think he is a lawyer?? RPI - and town planner?

Hi Terry

Cheers, working towards having 3 practices under the one roof with me as the common owner, Town Planning, Legal and Accounting. Accounting is a ways off yet.

regards

D

Back