Conveyancing for interstate purchases

Is it recommended to use a conveyancer/solicitor from the same state that the property being purchased is located in? or can you use your local convayancer from down the road for interstate purchases.

Also, what about if purchasing in a trust. What if you live in qld, trust setup in nsw and property to be purchased is in Vic? Which state should you seek a conveyancer from

Most solicitors / conveyancers will not touch an out-of-state conveyance, unless they have an office in that state.

You need to use one in the state the property is being purchased in.

Is it recommended to use a conveyancer/solicitor from the same state that the property being purchased is located in? or can you use your local convayancer from down the road for interstate purchases.

Also, what about if purchasing in a trust. What if you live in qld, trust setup in nsw and property to be purchased is in Vic? Which state should you seek a conveyancer from

Each state has its own property law - use a local in the state you are purchasing as they will be more familiar with all of the required documentation. They will also have contacts for P&B inspections etc.

You should seek a solicitor for the state the property is in.

State the property is in. Even with e-conveyancing coming in (already in in NSW) you should still go with the state they are in.

We are allowed to do conveyancing in any state or territory we want under mutual recognition for solicitors BUT I would never even think about doing one in another state unless I employed someone who is very experienced from that state. Not worth the risk,

Agree with what has been said above. Go with a Solicitor in the state of purchase.

I would never attempt to do a conveyance outside of Queensland myself.

Back