Conveyancing in Ballarat

Hi all,

Now I need a Solicitor/Conveyenser in Ballarat, who would you guys recommend and how much will it cost.

thanks,

Rob

I don't know any actually in Ballarat, but you can use a conveyancer or solicitor from anywhere in Victoria. Most settlements occur in Melbourne anyway.

Happy to forward details if you're interested.

I recently bought an IP in Ballarat and engaged the services of Askwith Partners Conveyancing. Mark was very good and his local knowledge was excellant especially due to Ballarat being a historical goldfields area with lots of big holes in the ground all over the place.
They were especially good helping me with the spoon feeding that I had to go through with the bank and having to push back the settlement date due to red tape.

The settlement had to take place in Geelong and only happen on Fridays at 11 am and 2:30 pm. Don't know why that is just the way they do it in Ballarat.

Hi, we've got a fantastic solicitor we use in Melbourne. Let me know if you would like her details and I'll pass it on.

Wishing you every success, Ana

Dont forget to pop into the council and have a look at their maps of old mine shafts. Highly recomended, but in the end the maps are only accurate to 50 metres or so.....

Forgot to mention price for Askwith Partners. Was about $955 incl GST.
The property i bought is in Ballarat East and one of the advantages of getting locals to do your building inspections and conveyancing was that I was able to get feedback regarding the area and in particular the street. The agent talked it up and all the data I had looked at pointed in the right direction but there must be something said for local knowledge. The guy who did my building inspection knew a lot about many of the houses built in the area and he along with the conveyancer confirmed my research regarding how popular the area is with renters.

a number of times i've used a local whose family have been solicitors for generations in ballarat. he is probably half the price of the one quoted above and always delivers ontime.
curwen-walker conveyancing;53313511

Forgot to mention price for Askwith Partners. Was about $955 incl GST.
The property i bought is in Ballarat East and one of the advantages of getting locals to do your building inspections and conveyancing was that I was able to get feedback regarding the area and in particular the street. The agent talked it up and all the data I had looked at pointed in the right direction but there must be something said for local knowledge. The guy who did my building inspection knew a lot about many of the houses built in the area and he along with the conveyancer confirmed my research regarding how popular the area is with renters.

RickF
Congrats on your IP purchase. Did you use an Buyers Agent ? I am very keen on Ballarat.

No BA. Just went through a process. Took about two months to find the right property and after offer accepted about another 6-7 weeks until settlement.
Learnt some lessons from the process, luckily they didn't come at a cost, things just would have happened quicker if I had known some things beforehand.
I like Ballarat as a key regional area, it shows great promise for the future as far as growth and development.
Reasonable returns to.
Good luck.

Sorry to be entering this post so late in the game, but I have also been very happy Askwith Conveyancing and have used them for my last three property transactions. Off the top of my head it was around $650 last time, so the end price probably depends on a few variables, but they were much cheaper and more thorough than a solicitor I used back when I was a total newbie.

Try Julie at Conveyancing Quarters in Bacchus Marsh. I have used her for years and my sister who bought a property 90 minutes away used her - absolutely no issue with the distance. She is highly recommended!

And as for the savings you will make with her over Askwith - enjoy a fantastic dinner out!

Back