Coorparoo - 19 Storey 3 tower DA submitted

For those inner east Brisbane watchers

Attached is artists impression for DA submitted on 21 Feb
3 x towers up to 19 storeys in height with retail etc

to be developed in 3 stages.

Huge transformation for Coorparoo if it proceeds.

Chances of getting through Council are extremely high IMHO.

If you want to have a full look at the DA go to pdonline.brisbane.qld.gov.au and application and enter

A003820603

Attachments

• cnr Old Cleveland Road, cav Rd & Harries.pdf
    180.9 KB · Views: 202
Wow. That's quite high for outside the CBD.

If it gets up, will really change the area.

Council is keen on higher density at the moment.

For those inner east Brisbane watchers

Attached is artists impression for DA submitted on 21 Feb
3 x towers up to 19 storeys in height with retail etc

to be developed in 3 stages.

Huge transformation for Coorparoo if it proceeds.

Chances of getting through Council are extremely high IMHO.

If you want to have a full look at the DA go to pdonline.brisbane.qld.gov.au and application and enter

A003820603

Without opening (yet) your attachment, for me, the big concern is that friends have joined an action group trying to force the developer to make this less of a one bedroom future "slum" and more upmarket with it being attractive to other dwellers and not just students and singles. The concern locally is that these units have not nearly enough car spaces, so the surrounding streets will be even more busy and parked out than they are now.

Being on top of the busway means good transport, but people still have cars. Where will they park them?

I will open the document to see if the plan is changed from months ago, but the other thing I believe is a huge missed opportunity is that the city view from these units would be amazing, and I believe upmarket units would sell well, as opposed to smaller, single bedroom units. Double glazing would stop the Old Cleveland Road noise.

I know a local couple who have done an amazing job of a penthouse style apartment just a little further down the street, and they were hoping for around $1M when it was being marketed recently. I'm not sure what it sold for, but being on Old Cleveland Road doesn't mean it has to be noisy, if the right noise controls are built into it.

... now to open up the document...

Thanks for posting. I've been interested to see what happens at the junction. I reckon this'll be a big boost for the area.

Benvolio, apart from the obvious large influx of apartments for sale and rent when it's being constructed and then finished, Coorparoo's population will grow as a result which should bring more money into the local economy, so a few more caf?s, shops etc to support the new residents, plus, being new apartments, you might expect buyers/renters to have slightly deeper pockets that many current residents -- young professionals and the like. Not to mention the stuff that'll be integrated into the site (whatever ends up being approved, you can bet on some places to buy stuff, eat stuff and to live) will provide a lift too.

Probably a good thing for you -- unless your purchase is a fairly new place and its lease expires right around the time these towers complete ;)

Is this a positive for Coorparoo, stones corner and camp hill or will this introduce oversupply in the area? I would imagine that when this is completed, owners of older units wouldn't be able to compete?

I see this as a positive though for those that have houses around the area and negative for those with older units.

I remember a development in Milton (old Milton tennis courts), bordering the back of my old PPoR was knocked back after community backlash. It was *only* 10 storey. I can't see how they would allow 19 in Coorparoo.

Are there any 19 storey sites in South Brisbane?

Thanks for posting. I've been interested to see what happens at the junction. I reckon this'll be a big boost for the area.

Benvolio, apart from the obvious large influx of apartments for sale and rent when it's being constructed and then finished, Coorparoo's population will grow as a result which should bring more money into the local economy, so a few more caf?s, shops etc to support the new residents, plus, being new apartments, you might expect buyers/renters to have slightly deeper pockets that many current residents -- young professionals and the like. Not to mention the stuff that'll be integrated into the site (whatever ends up being approved, you can bet on some places to buy stuff, eat stuff and to live) will provide a lift too.

Probably a good thing for you -- unless your purchase is a fairly new place and its lease expires right around the time these towers complete ;)

The property is built approx 1975 and is a decent size (105sqm + 35sqm garage) so fingers crossed!!

Just looked at one document... why so heavily weighted on one bedroom units?

Why so many more units than car spaces?

I remember a development in Milton (old Milton tennis courts), bordering the back of my old PPoR was knocked back after community backlash. It was *only* 10 storey. I can't see how they would allow 19 in Coorparoo.

Are there any 19 storey sites in South Brisbane?

Local Plan allows it to 17 storeys at least. Milton decision was a travesty. Since have built numerous towers around the corner.

BCC has now issued an information request for this site.

Basically, more awnings, better street activation (ie retail shop fronts or access ways), more carparks and they don't seem too pleased by the 1 bed apartments.

Also they are not happy with the design, want it less repetitive and more architectural.

http://pdonline.brisbane.qld.gov.au...F1TA6sVZNEqEoakRjEJvpF3J/KRwY/3Uv3db7f3Z4Qg==

Thank goodness for that. The developer (in my opinion) is missing a trick here. This whole site has fantastic city views, and with double glazing to stop road noise from Old Cleveland Road, these towers could be worth more as three bedroom large townhouses with panoramic views than squashing hundreds of people into one bedroom pokey future slums. That is the concern with the locals I've spoken to, though we are far enough away that it will not affect us.

The car parking was also a huge issue, with not enough for even one park per unit.

Bring on better design, and sensible rethinking of this opportunity. Getting it wrong would be a huge pity.

Back