Cordless drills.

No one has mentioned Hitachi. I like Hitachi drills, in both cordless and electric. I have had B&D and Ryobi, and burnt them out.

Buy quality - they can simply do jobs that cheap ones can't do.

Paul.

Im using a Ozito i brought at bunnings on the weekend for $299

Li-Ion, 2 batteries, case, 14.4v, 13mm, keyless and hammer. Works great, and the best bit? 3 years no questions asked warranty.

Thats $100 per year - bargain!

the dewalt 18v i have has more torque that a friends bosch power, had is for 2 years and now i know that i could of purchased the same for half the price on e bay,
dewalt for me from now on,

as apposed to the us 110v is this what you mean? like plug in the wall at home type.
mine does, and i found out that if you get 110v stuff from the states you only have to change the socket, eg if you buy a 60w bulb from usa and put it in our 240v system it will still only drag 60w, most countrys build 240v appliances, and change the socket, only. nowadays, but if you drop dead it wasnt me ok. jokin!

I bought a GMC 4 years ago (two batteries and a case with bits etc)

I looked at the expensive stuff but my light use, the 2 year warranty and the price it was <$200 swayed me.

Batteries are only now not holding a charge for very long. I have had other name brand stuff not last any better.

It doesnt matter how long you've had it. What matters is how much you have used it and how many times you have charged the battery.

That's what determines its life. A tradesman usually charges 2 batteries a day for years.

And how heavy you have used it. Have you dropped it from a ladder a couple of times?

N

Batteries are only now not holding a charge for very long. I have had other name brand stuff not last any better.

Back