Coronis Real Estate Agents asking for Veda Check before submitting offers

checking credit file when making offers?

this is THE most stupid idea ever heard in the entire RE market. whoever comes up with such stupid idea should be removed from his position not because he/she is causing trouble for buyers - his/her idea is putting vendors into huge risks. what happens if a committed buyer decides to offer a top price yet he/she just has concerns about your practice and decide to give the property a miss? does that protect your clients (vendors) interests?

you can keep defending your stupid idea, no one cares, such agents need to be kicked out of the market by the market. I can't force you to stop such stupidities, but I can assure you that I will avoid all listings from such stupid agents.

please don't over estimate your importance - there are hundreds of other firms ready to take your market share.

checking credit file when making offers?

this is THE most stupid idea ever heard in the entire RE market. whoever comes up with such stupid idea should be removed from his position not because he/she is causing trouble for buyers - his/her idea is putting vendors into huge risks. what happens if a committed buyer decides to offer a top price yet he/she just has concerns about your practice and decide to give the property a miss? does that protect your clients (vendors) interests?

you can keep defending your stupid idea, no one cares, such agents need to be kicked out of the market by the market. I can't force you to stop such stupidities, but I can assure you that I will avoid all listings from such stupid agents.

please don't over estimate your importance - there are hundreds of other firms ready to take your market share.

I think this is a great summary of the past 5 pages of discussion.

Shame, I found a property of theirs I quite liked, but after seeing this thread I'll steer well clear of their properties.

Shame, I found a property of theirs I quite liked, but after seeing this thread I'll steer well clear of their properties.

Ah why? Just give them an offer and if the agent insist on credit check, send them to this thread. Mentioned that you will send a personal email to Coronis management about the agent who insist on credit check (as stated in this thread by Joe) :p

Coronis - stay away

Bought a place from Coronis last year. They wanted to manage the property after the sale. Only took 8 weeks to find a tenant, which I subsequently had to let go as tenant stopped paying after the third month. Oh, and I had 3 different contact person too during this time... went from PM to another PM and finally to a rental area manager. A saga really.

Ended up terminating the management agreement with Coronis and signed up with another agency found thru this forum, and was one of the best decision in my investing journey. I found out later on there was no entry condition report and they lost the original paperwork..

About 2 months after the switch, I got an email from Coronis: We Would Love Your Feedback. Gave them an honest feedback and receive a nice email from Joe MxXxxd, which in reality did nothing to my opinion of them. Action speaks louder than words. Guessing this is the same Joe on this forum.

Personally, I would not deal with them again in the future, regardless of how good the deal is, buying/selling/leasing. And now they want to access my credit file.. Pxxs off. :mad:

This is absolute rubbish trick. I purchased my IP via Coronis and they said they had tenants interested in the IP with higher rent than market price. After settlement, they said thT that tenants rented somewhere else. Finally, IP was rented at lower price and managed poorly by Conronis. I got out coronis after 1 year. Never want to deal with Coronis any more.

Last edited:
Back