Cosidering to buy my first IP in Perth

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy my first ever IP in Perth and hope to get some ideas here, thanks.

My thoughts about Perth current market;

1. Average property price is decreasing - good time buy
2. Rental market is flat - poor returns
3. Perth City apartments rental is struggling and price is flat due to over supply.
4. Outer suburbs which targeting the FHB is already around 500k mark.

Since I am new to the property market, I may have some silly questions to ask later.

Welcome to SS,

Is there a question or feedback you are looking for? It is not clear from your post.

From your post your assessment is prices are falling so you might get a cheaper property. Rent is suffering due to an over supply, will this make holding costs difficult?

Do these factors meet your overall buying conditions and future goals?

So you think its a good time to buy given your statements. DO you have a price range, a preferred property type? DO you have a PPOR?

those apartment developers will just keep pumping out new buildings in the city... best to avoid that sort of thing. Sorry to be clich

There are good buying opportunities if the numbers work for you, and there are pockets that the rental market is doing just fine.

'Perth' is large with many different sub- markets so do your research and ask lots of questions! The only silly one is one that doesn't get asked :)

Back