Cost for built in robes

Appreciate any advice on cost of built-in robes - they seem damn expensive!!

We're putting them in on either side of a fireplace and am having them done such that the top integrates to an existing picture rail and the bottom matches the existing kickboard. Doors are 2 pak paint, interior panels and shelves are most likely malamine and draws (about 11) are a blum aluminium soft close. Dimensions for the first built-in is around 2700 mm wide, 2700 high and 600 deep and the other is 1000 wide by 2700 high by 720 deep. 10 doors on the first (5 wide, 2 high) and 4 on the second (2 wide * 2 high).

All this for $9,600.

Appreciate any thoughts. We can apparrently get it down by 2k if we go for cheaper malamine doors and cheaper draws.

I think the biggest issue for you will be that they are probably custom sizes. I think the BIR we have got have been less than $1000 each..... but they were stock standard ones. Anything that is required to be customised to fit around fireplaces etc is likely to be more expensive.

The last BIR I had done cost me $750 for something 2.4m high and 1.8m long x 600mm deep. All melamine with 2 x sliding doors, hanging space & shelving. Sounds like you are getting a Rolls Royce there :eek:

Hi,

I got 1 done recently
Width: 2400 mm
Depth: 585 (600 is std i guess)
Ht: Right upto the ceiling

It has his/her section: mirror doors throughout, shelves, hanging space, etc

cost me 1250/- but i was not really happy with the workmanship.

Regards,
TV

wow. thanks all for the replies. I think I'm seeing a combination of Perth pricing combined with a bit of di&k head tax. We've had a few quotes now and all seem to be coming in the same ball park. Hinges for the doors are apparrently about $100 each and so with hinges alone we're at 1400, just adds up from there when we add the doors themselves - a few hundred each etc and then Perth labour........

Hi,

I got 1 done recently
Width: 2400 mm
Depth: 585 (600 is std i guess)
Ht: Right upto the ceiling

It has his/her section: mirror doors throughout, shelves, hanging space, etc

cost me 1250/- but i was not really happy with the workmanship.

Regards,
TV

Who did you use?

Back