Cost of concrete pools?

Has anyone had a concrete pool done recently? Is there a rough cost per square metre that's considered standard for the basic pool structure? excluding any of the fancy landscaping and fencing..

Dunc,

went through a major experience with getting an inground concrete pebble tiled pool, some basic tips are worth knowing. Cost just over $1000 per lineal metre.

Tim

Hi Duncan
We are in the process of installing a concrete pool at the moment
will be ready in about 2 months concrete needs 1 month to cure
For a pool of 8 Metres X 4 Metres 1.9 deep one end 1.2 other
rectagular steps one end Quortzon Interior
with all pumps chlorinator and solar heating all permits insurance
we only have to supply the coping tiles and they will install those
as well spring water to fill pool ready to swim $31900 best price as I went to Melbourne pool show couple months back
All other similar quotes around $36k

Hi Duncan
We are in the process of installing a concrete pool at the moment
will be ready in about 2 months concrete needs 1 month to cure
For a pool of 8 Metres X 4 Metres 1.9 deep one end 1.2 other
rectagular steps one end Quortzon Interior
with all pumps chlorinator and solar heating all permits insurance
we only have to supply the coping tiles and they will install those
as well spring water to fill pool ready to swim $31900 best price as I went to Melbourne pool show couple months back
All other similar quotes around $36k

Hi Ger,

Thanks for that.. that gives me some concrete figures to go on :) I've got a few people coming out over the next fortnight to have a look at the site and give some quotes.

All I could come up for SA
Maybe give them a ring
the Victoria one was very helpfull

SPASA South Australia

Address: 30 Kensington Road
ROSS PARK SA 5067

Telephone: (08) 8364 4211

Fax: (08) 8331 0150

Thanks Ger,

I had a verbal quote today that'll be written up and mailed tomorrow.. 9x4 at $35,000 with Solar, auto PH controller, salt-water chlorinator, filter, coping and tiling.. included excavation and dumping fees.. that was from a SPASA award winner.. completion by about Feb.. which sucks :) I have a beachhouse with a pool which softens the blow.. but I was sorta hoping to have it in by Xmas here..

Getting a quote on a fibreglass one on Thurs.. the attractive thing is that their suggesting a very quick completion after council approval goes through..

Thanks for the links etc.. all useful.

hey dunc

Are you allowed to fill them up these days? Maybe you have to do it from a bucket filled from the tap...:D

Hey Mike.. unsure.. I'm a bit annoyed with the government, no major infrastructure plans in the pipeline despite a growing population.. easier to spread fear (which incumbent governments thrive on) and to spend tax payers money on, often frivolous, shorter term projects that have more potential for payback at the very next election..

So.. I wash my car and truck collection with a hose, I hose the patio down, I take 10 minute showers.. and I'll damn well fill my pool when the time comes..

I pay my taxes and I want infrastructure built! Water conservation just gives the government excuses not to commit to long term infrastructure development. Civil disobedience is called for to force their hand..

Dunc,

I am going through the same thing and have signed a contract. The very next day I found out about an owner build theme company which has you elect to owner build, do an online course and then they do the rest with their tradesmen and designers. You are just the figurehead for legal reasons - not sure if this compromises on insurance, warranty or something else but it is supposed to be 40% cheaper. My mate used them and paid $35K for a flash pool that others had quoted $70K+ for.

But you are a handy fellow. Why not find an engineer and get some plans drawn then you just build it with your own contractors?

Worth checking out,

Dunc,

I am going through the same thing and have signed a contract. The very next day I found out about an owner build theme company which has you elect to owner build, do an online course and then they do the rest with their tradesmen and designers. You are just the figurehead for legal reasons - not sure if this compromises on insurance, warranty or something else but it is supposed to be 40% cheaper. My mate used them and paid $35K for a flash pool that others had quoted $70K+ for.

But you are a handy fellow. Why not find an engineer and get some plans drawn then you just build it with your own contractors?

Worth checking out,

Hi Simon..

Thanks.. I'm looking into this option with a fibreglass pool.. a bit more tolerant of mistakes I figure.. if you fluff the plumbing up you could at least get a crane back in and lift it out while you fix it :)

Will let you know what I find out.. Guy coming out on Thurs from a supplier of the pool shells..

Hi Duncan
I checked out fibreglass pools also
a bit cheaper
quote for 8x4 was about 30k
found a mob in nsw that can deliver one
9x4 for about 14k if you want to install it
comes with plans
What I found out about fibreglass was they give you
a 25 year WARANTY NOT GUARANTEE
Found this mob ok

http://www.leisurepools.com.au/

So.. I wash my car and truck collection with a hose, I hose the patio down, I take 10 minute showers.. and I'll damn well fill my pool when the time comes..

I pay my taxes and I want infrastructure built! Water conservation just gives the government excuses not to commit to long term infrastructure development. Civil disobedience is called for to force their hand..

Love your response!! I agree, that more needs to be done in catchment and stormwater harvesting. Who needs to be able to drink their toilet water?:eek: :D Maybe Mike Rann should start concentrating on this state rather than working on Kevin07's election campaign!

Done! 9x5 Fibreglass.. Shell is $12K, delivered as soon as I've paid (early next week).. Its going to sit in my backyard while I get the council approval through and the pit excavated.. Going DIY on most of it except the electrickery bits. Roughly $10K for the pumps, chlorinators, solar heating, solar blanket, filter, PH manager, vacuum etc.. Budgeting on another $2K for the excavation and soil removal.. And around another $10K for landscaping and fencing.

Back