Cost of installing washing machine in kitchen?

Hi

I'm thinking of installing a washing machine in my kitchen. Anyone know what kind of cost I'd be looking at?? I'm making my ip into my ppor and the bathroom is too small to fit a wm.

Also can anyone recommend the name of a good plumber.

Thanks

I believe according to the Health Act that we aren't allowed to have washing machines in the kitchen

Washing or Keeping of Clothes in Kitchens

17. A person shall not in any kitchen or other place where food is kept -
(a) wash or permit to be washed any clothing or bedding; or
(b) keep or permit to be kept any soiled clothing or bedding.

Hi

I'm thinking of installing a washing machine in my kitchen. Anyone know what kind of cost I'd be looking at?? I'm making my ip into my ppor and the bathroom is too small to fit a wm.

Thanks

I've had a washing machine in the kitchen & hated it. The only time it didn't interrupt the place was when we were out. It was an open plan townhouse so with a different layout it might be ok but I would think hard before using that solution. I know that's not the question but thought I'd share my experience anyway ;)

Hi

I can recommend several, whether they work in your state is another matter.

I believe according to the Health Act that we aren't allowed to have washing machines in the kitchen

Any references WM? Council would be your best guide. You may also require to install a floor waste and a laundry sink to meet compliance requirements.

Perths heatwave! Air con top priority now haha

After the 40 degree day here in Perth and my parents air con struggling to cope I have decided to put air con at the top of my priority list along with buying a fridge a microwave and a couch. washing machine later on down the track sometime.

I can recommend several, whether they work in your state is another matter.

Any references WM? Council would be your best guide. You may also require to install a floor waste and a laundry sink to meet compliance requirements.

Sure Scott - here are the references for the WA Health Act 1911 (with many many ammendments but still called 1911)

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/pco/prod/filestore.nsf/Documents/MRDocument:3370H/$FILE/HealthActLaundriesAndBthrmsRegs-01-a0-08.html?OpenElement

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/wa/consol_reg/haabr411/s5.html

We had the washing machine in the kitchen, I have a feeling that's where the dish washer was to be but the guy who did up the house made it a spot for washing machine instead. it will only fit a front loader washing machine though

We had the washing machine in the kitchen, I have a feeling that's where the dish washer was to be but the guy who did up the house made it a spot for washing machine instead. it will only fit a front loader washing machine though

Some of the new houses with built in washing machines look amazing but because of the bench top it can only be front loaders.

In SA houses are not rented with washing machines so when they are built into cupboards it makes it tricky if the tenant who is moving in has a top loader machine.

Back