Cost of obtaining strata titles for duplex

Hi All,

We have a duplex in QLD comprising of two apartments which are under the one non-strata title at the moment. We are looking at separating the apartments so they each have their own strata title, so we can sell one of the apartments and keep the other one.

Just wondering if anyone can advise me what cost (ball park figure) is associated with obtaining a strata title for each apartment?

Thanks.

Andy

The big question is always fire separation. Often the party wall only goes to the ceiling in older duplexes and you will need to extend it to the underside of the roof.

Looks like prices are vastly different between the states. I spoke to a realestate agent in QLD and they told me that the prices there has tripled and I can expect to pay up to $30,000 to have the duplex split into two units each with their own title.

The example link above is for NSW and it cost the person there only $6000 to do the same thing.

Thanks.

Andy

Looks like prices are vastly different between the states. I spoke to a realestate agent in QLD and they told me that the prices there has tripled and I can expect to pay up to $30,000 to have the duplex split into two units each with their own title.

The example link above is for NSW and it cost the person there only $6000 to do the same thing.

Thanks.

Andy
This sounds more like Subdivision approval to me.

So I'm getting conflicting prices now??? We have a duplex with single title wanting to change that to each unit with it's own title - what price are we looking at in QLD??

Thanks.

Andy

Could be up to $22k for a 2 bed and $28k for a 3 bed in infrastructure contributions but varies between councils. Are you sure that it meets the Council regs where it is located?

Could be up to $22k for a 2 bed and $28k for a 3 bed in infrastructure contributions but varies between councils. Are you sure that it meets the Council regs where it is located?

Sorry - what is this "infrastructure contributions"?

I just got off the phone with a surveyor company in QLD and they told me to budget up to $10,000 to strata tile the duplex. Their costs were already $,4000.

I seem to be getting all sorts of quotes and would really like to know a ball park figure so I can report back to the share holders so we can make an informed decision on how to proceed. Is there a reason why the price to strata title a duplex would be so wide spread?

Thanks.

Andy

Infrastructure contributions are required when you create a new title in QLD. You may get credit from the existing use but it is council dependent.

So I spoke to the Gold Coast council and they were able to confirm for me that when the duplex was built that the infrastruture contributions looks to have been paid for already. So taking that out of the equation, are we back to the $10K budget that it will cost to get strata titles for each unit?

Also, if you have a mortgage on the property your lender will need to give their consent to the plan via a titles registry Form 18. I expect they will have their hand out for money too :D

Also, if you have a mortgage on the property your lender will need to give their consent to the plan via a titles registry Form 18. I expect they will have their hand out for money too :D

Suspect?? banks always have their hand out! Yep CBA charged us $41 for the pleasure,

Back