Cost of Quantity Surveyor

Hi,

I just called up Depreciator.com.au (saw them in API magazine) and they gave me a quote of $650. Is that too expensive? They are nationwide and say that they are well accredited with the ATO (which I assume makes it easier to claim)?

Any suggestions?

I saw a post on the old forum that said that QSs charge 400-800, so 650 is somewhere in the middle I guess.

My property is a house in Melbourne.

Thanks! :)

I kept a copy of this post from the old forum, not sure who posted it.
They're doing a report for me tomorrow, so I can't tell you how good it will be! They're still quoting $385

Baglin Partners
email: [email protected]
Phone: 61 3 9458 4033
Fax: 61 3 9459 8265
100 St James Rd
Heidelberg
Victoria
$385 for a free standing 3BR, 1 Bathroom house very standard house!

Originally posted by Lissy
I kept a copy of this post from the old forum, not sure who posted it.
They're doing a report for me tomorrow, so I can't tell you how good it will be! They're still quoting $385

Baglin Partners
email: [email protected]
Phone: 61 3 9458 4033
Fax: 61 3 9459 8265
100 St James Rd
Heidelberg
Victoria
$385 for a free standing 3BR, 1 Bathroom house very standard house!

How did the report go?! :)

Baglin report

I had a report done by baglin partners a couple of months ago. I was overall happy with the work I paid for. prompt & friendly service.

The guy who did the report certainly seemed to know what he was talking about, which is always a good sign!
So now I just have to wait however many weeks it takes for the report itself to appear in the mail.

Greetings all,
I also went with Baglin Partners, my inspection was today (See thread http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=536 )

Like Felicity, I was impressed enough. Quite quick 20-25 minutes for a 3br/1ba home.
Did you have Clive do the inspection Felicity?

Baglin & Partners was the cheapest QS by far that anyone reccomended in Melbourne. DaleGG reccomends a different one whose name escapes me. You should find it pretty quickly if you search for posts by him in the old forum. I think they were about 80-100 more, but anyone that Dale reccomends I would take notice of. (Even though I didn't this time :) )

Bonus: Although it's a month to wait for the report, they bill you with the report. That's nice, and different from the usual 100% upfront.

Good luck,
Luke

Back