Cost of removing concrete slabs

I'm looking into a place for sale at the moment which requires quite a lot of work done to it. The previous owner seems to have done a fair few daft things to the place, for want of a better word. In particular, there's a crazy amount of concrete slabs in the backyard.

I've attached a photo of the backyard (actually the front yard is also entirely cement!). Has anyone had to deal with this much cement removal, and any ideas what sort of costs are involved for this type of job.

Attachments

• 2010324675_2_FS.jpg
    2010324675_2_FS.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 491
Bobcat or mini digger with jackhammer attachment will be the fastest way. The slabs are probabably 100mm max so it will chew through them, so long as you have side or rear access.

That will cost you a few hundred for the day for bobcat + operator. You are then up for removal, council tips charge anywhere from $100-250 per tonne for disposal, plus the hire of a tipper or rubbish removal operator.

Bobcat or mini digger with jackhammer attachment will be the fastest way. The slabs are probabably 100mm max so it will chew through them, so long as you have side or rear access.

That will cost you a few hundred for the day for bobcat + operator. You are then up for removal, council tips charge anywhere from $100-250 per tonne for disposal, plus the hire of a tipper or rubbish removal operator.

+1.

Then you have to replace the soil and turf/landscape the area.

Another option if it is only the ugly slabs bothering you is to apply a topping like a modified epoxy binder like Epirez or Bistik Highway Patch and colour it and apply an epoxy topcoat.

pinkboy

You can dump concrete at much cheaper rates if you take it to a recycling plant.

There are 2 out Fairfield (eastern creek way) and then there is at least one up at Mona vale.

http://www.kimbriki.com/content/charges-accounts/fees-charges

For clean concrete you can dump at about $12 per ton.

We use the one out next to the Olympic gun range and the last time was about $20 per ton by trailer.

Cheers

+1 for all the above....

Another option is to hire a (wheeled) concrete cutter and saw the slabs into manageable pieces that can be loaded (stacked) into a skip bin.
Negotiate a rate as some operators have different pricing for very clean concrete.

IMO the slabs would be OK with a clean and surface to bring out some colour...use paving paint / stencils or epoxy coating.
Maybe only get rid of the small slabs in the far back of the yard......

Good luck :)

It's going to be a rental property or your home? Nothing much a tenant can do to concrete. They can't kill it or let their dog dig it up. If you're going to rent the place out, I'd leave the concrete there. If you're going to live in it, I'd be doing something about those columns first.

if you decide to cut like mentioned above you will be able to sell them as pavers on ebay. People would buy them, i did that once and someone came and picked up the whole lot and also gave me $360 for it. LOL :D

i had around 12sqm

Back