Pine,
Tas Oak/Vic Ash
Laminate?

Top nailed or secret nailed?

Do you want it polished or unpolished?

As for restumping,

How much clearance under the house?

How large is the house?

I spoke to a restumer a few months ago in Melbourne and he said about $4-6000 to restump about a 120sqm nouse

For reference regarding flooring I just relaid my hallway in Tas Oak, aprox 14 sqm of flooring.

Cost was $440 for the timber delivered (108mm by 19mm).

$12 for the nails

$4 for the putty

$6 for the sandpaper

$69 for the polyurethane

aprox $10 for the application pad

aprox $6 worth of Turps.

Took about 3 days of labour all up to remove the timber florboards and remove the nails and lay the floor with cutting in around existing flooring in doorways - (that alone took about 6 hours), plus a days labour all up to punch the nails in (about 650 nails) putty the nail holes, sand, and polurethane the floors (3 coast with sanding in between).

92mm MDF Skirting will cost $12 per 5m ($60) plus one litre of paint. this weekend.

Give global restumping a wide berth.

Use a one that has done a bit of local work. You'll get what you pay for with stumpers...... the bottom feeder are probably the ones you want to avoid.

I would be getting your timber in the house for a few weeks before fixing it. Fixing floor boards straight off the truck is not best practice.

You'll have plaster cracking up after they jack it. Are you going to patch or re-sheet? You might get lucky. I haven't yet.

I try and let it settle for a bit before doing to much. What I have done is restump... then have a tenant go in for 6-12mths then carry out work. This may not work for you if you have to pull boards to carry out stumping.

Back