Cost of restumping

Hey All,
Just curious if anyone has any idea on rough pricing for a house restumping?

I am based in Melbourne and have an old 1950s brick in need. The house is not too bad but I plan on doing extensive renos and think this should be done first. There are some slight cracks in the walls and roof, squeeky floorboards and a door which does not shut properly.

My block is sloped and access under the house is quite easy. In parts you can almost stand up although I am not sure if this makes the exercise cheaper (easy access) or more expensive (more materials).

We have a 1903 weatherboard on Mornington Peninsula.

The stumps were, or rather weren't there any more!

We did the whole front of the house, (2 bedroom, hall, 2 living rooms).

86 new concrete stumps all up. Access was an issue so we had to pull up most of the floor boards and do it form inside.

Oh, that also included 50 linear meters of new joists and bearers that had been eaten through over the years.

Came to around $12k form memory plus another $800 on top for a bin to take the spoil away that we dug out.

in vic, unless its really regional or in the middle of cbd, you can d a simple restump for a 'average' sized home for as low was $9k, but $12-14k might be safer to assume if the house is bigger, has more stumps etc. etc.

Thank for the quick replies.
I have also searched online and as you eluded to propogate most mention price being affected by access. I am confident access under my home is not an issue at all so hopefully that would reduce the cost.

I was budgeting for around 7k though.

$5-7k is about right depending on size of house.
I just had a house jacked and packed for $2,098 including some drainage work.
I got 5 quotes and the guy I chose seemed to be the best. He drew diagrams with the drops and what was required. Send me a message if you want a recommendation for a good restumper in Melbourne.

It's also a pretty tricky job as all the stumps have to be level. When the bearers are lowered onto the stumps they have to sit smack in the middle .

$5-7k is about right depending on size of house.
I just had a house jacked and packed for $2,098 including some drainage work.
I got 5 quotes and the guy I chose seemed to be the best. He drew diagrams with the drops and what was required. Send me a message if you want a recommendation for a good restumper in Melbourne.

Hi
can you give me the details as i would also need it for my deer park PPOR
thanks

Back