Cost to build double story in sydney

Hi everyone.

Would someone give me a price range on a complete cost of building a 4 bedroom, double story, double garage brick vaneer home? House will also be cement rendered.

Land is about 600sqm, so im building the house on approx 300sqm, roughly 150sqm upstairs, 150sqm downstairs.

Im getting different numbers regarding the cost of build per square metre.

Im getting between 1k-1.5k for square metre.

Me personnaly, im looking at 350k from knockdown of house to lock up.

I dont want every thing extravagant, maybe nice kitchen, bathroom, tiles etc.

Is 350k realistic, and it will be owner build.

If the land is fairly flat you will put up a very good quality project home for around 300k that size. I don't know if going owner builder will save you much if anything.

Builders down south are ripping punters off...

I can build up in a cyclone area C2 W50 for under $900 bucks a sq mtr. Brick veneer, quality fitout.... There is far more far more structural work, glass strength plus plus plus plus than any home in Sydney................

Tell you, any builder in the building game that goes bust must be a terrible money manager.

I know around $1500 bucks is the norm these days but shop your project around, you will find a quality builder who does not charge the earth.

Depend on the finishes u want to achieve. I recently built 4 townhouses in Kellyville NSW for about 1200 p/sqm. I got not top but decent finishes. I think for individual home and owner build the price should't exceed 1500 p/sqm thats including everything: lanscape fences and etc.

Depend on the finishes u want to achieve. I recently built 4 townhouses in Kellyville NSW for about 1200 p/sqm. I got not top but decent finishes. I think for individual home and owner build the price should't exceed 1500 p/sqm thats including everything: lanscape fences and etc.

When you calculate per square meter price, are we calculating the covered floor space or does it include everything including, porch, balconies, alfresco etc which are a part of a normal/modern home.

Sanjeev

Maza,
It will depend a lot on what area and Council in Sydney you are building in, and also on the block itself whether it is falt or not.
- Some Councils will require that you build a stormwater detention system so add at least $10k as a rough guide.
- Some Councils have more onerous 'building envelope' requirements. For example you may be able to build 900mm from side boundary and go up 2 storeys or you may have to have larger side setback and then setback the 2nd storey wall further to stay within the envelope. This all adds to the cost.
- In some Councils you have to provide articulation to long runs of walls, i.e. the wall needs to step in and out rather than run in one alignment.
- A project home builder can usually build cheaper in the (usually outer) areas where he is building a lot. He may add a loading to build in another area. And sometimes a loading even to deal with a particular Council.
- Sloping blocks will entail more site preparation costs (cut and fill, retaining walls etc) and also to put a level split in a home adds dollars.

A builder may be factoring in the some of the above when he quotes a higher cost per sqm.

Regards
Able

We just built in Sydney, basically the size you are looking at.
However, it was a duplex, 4 bed each unit, so 2 of everything needed, kitchens, laundries, water tanks/pumps, etc, but overall size the same over 2 storeys.
Cost was 350k, not including fencing, landscaping, flooring or blinds.
Total finished cost will be just over 450k which includes knockdown of old house.

Last year we completed building a project builder home. I kept records fairly accurately. Hope this may give you some idea :)

Land size: 680 sqm
House size : 382 sqm (exculding garage and unclosed areas)

Demolition - $11990 - 2%
Builder cost - $356658 - 73%
Drainge - $33660 - 7%
Outsideworks - $51468.53 - 11%
Fittings - $28725 - 6%
Miscellaneous - $3235.67 - 1%

Drainge includes detention tank, absorption trenches and all other goodies(?!) come with it.
Outsideworks includes Synthetic Grass, Driveway, Fence, Automatic Slide Gate, Deck and other landscape works.
Fittings include Flooring, Wardrobe, Lightings and extra Wireing.

Let me know if you want to know anything more in detail.

Allcastle Homes.
They did what ever they promised and they were professional and reasonable in their dealings. I would build with them again if I need to.
However, it is also largely depend on the supervisor get assigned.

Build Cost

Wow! Devank

500k to build a house in Sydney? and that is not including the land!!!

care to share which suburb is this?

Wow! Devank

500k to build a house in Sydney? and that is not including the land!!!

care to share which suburb is this?

It is in Homebush.

Well... this is practically two households (3 genarations) living under one roof with a degree of separation between two levels. Each floor is like a house on its own. Plus we have about 40sqm allowcated space for small business.

Addtion to that, Strathfield council made us put two rainwater tanks, 10sqm retention tank and 2x10m absorbtion trenches which costed about 40K!

If you think about it... a 60sqm granny flat is costing 100K. Then why can't a 382sqm house cost 450K? Land value for this place is about 800K so it is not all that bad.

Sorry maza for kind of hijacking your post.. but Virgo started it :)

My house isnt coming along as fast as i hoped.I have the roof on atleast.

Rain and wet weather had delayed things, and always have to wait for tradies to finish there jobs then come to mine.

The way im going, im looking at 450k with a very nice 5br double story home, rendered and a nice pool included.

As the dwelling gets bigger the price/sq m drops. This is because infrastructure works (connection to services, BASIX Compliances etc) still cost about the same for any size dwelling unfortunately.

There's also more 'meat' in a larger project so that a builder can drop the rate when the dwelling is quite large as well.

A 60 sq m Granny flat might cost about 95k (give or take 10k depending on site constraints) so that's about $1,500/sq m

A large (300 sq m+) dwelling can be done at around $1,200/sq m or even less sometimes.

Builder's in Sydney are quite busy at the moment so they can ask for a bit more. I know it sux but the irony is that when builder's are cheaper, nobody has any money to build; goes hand in hand I suppose.

Brazen.

We're building a 22sq double storey house with a project builder on a tiny sloping block of land. Cost us 260K for the lot including site costs. Does exclude air con, window coverings and landscaping.

Back