Cost to create a new crossover?

Hi Guys,

Just wondering how much will the council charge all together to create a new crossover in front of my house. Maybe this is a stupid question based on different couciles and states. However, really eager to know the rough cost about it. If anyone has the experience in my suburb sunshine west vic, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

ring the relevant council and ask. you don't have to give your name or address. i wouldn't have thought they charge anything, as long as you pay for it all ... but who knows.

Haha, it's interesting to realize I can't always trust what my architecture says.

Just now, I rang the council, and they told me it costs about $46 to apply for and another $40 once the application is proved. As for the cost for creating the new crossover, it totally depends on which contractor I choose, and how much they charge me.

However, what my architecture told me yesterday is that the council would choose a contractor for me, and I just have to pay the bill how much the contractor quote. That's why I come here to ask how much it will cost to make a new one.

Then, where can I find the contractor? Are they belonged to the "concrete" category if I look up the yellow page?

Cheers

Ryan

A crossover is essentially your driveway. the crossover part is the bit that sits on council land.

Some councils will have a design that they want you to follow and they may want to inspect this before the concrete is poured.

Talk to a concreter and he will be able to do this for you.

:D Thanks All,

I've just asked my architecture to apply the crossover for me. I would start to look for some good concretors. Any recommends around sunshine area?

Cheers

Ryan

We had a similar experience two years ago when we built a house in Berwick. The corss over was on the other side of the garage.
Casey Council Fees - $50 (for permit)
Cost of breaking the old cross over - $300
Cost of putting a new corss over - $800
Bin Cost - $200
Altogether - $1300

we did a double driveway around 18 months ago. it was short because the garage as built about 1m inside the boundary. the concretor smashed up and removed the old driveway, cut and lay the new one - cost $2000 ... but then again ... it was a cash job done by a friend of a friend.

We had a similar experience two years ago when we built a house in Berwick. The corss over was on the other side of the garage.
Bin Cost - $200
Altogether - $1300

Thanks! This is an exciting information for me, coz I thougt it would cost me a few grands to get it done. I won't touch the old cross over, so it means I can even save that $300 :)

we did a double driveway around 18 months ago. it was short because the garage as built about 1m inside the boundary. the concretor smashed up and removed the old driveway, cut and lay the new one - cost $2000 ... but then again ... it was a cash job done by a friend of a friend.

It's big shame for me that your friend of friend is not in Melbourne area :rolleyes:

Bin Cost - $200
Altogether - $1300

And meanwhile, do you still have the contact of the concreter who did the job for you? Thanks!

We're in Adelaide so prices will obviously not be exactly same

Did 7 in the past couple of months and they costed on average $900 each....that includes the cutting of the concrete, removal of the concrete (inc. dumping etc).

The councils we've dealt with in the past make us find our own contractors. One council gave us the option of either using their contractor or getting our own but obviously if we chose our own the contractor would have to do it by the council specs.

looking for quotes

Hi, I'm in Adelaide, need to get a crossover done soon, but I've had three quotes all near $2000. Surely it can't be THAT expensive. This would be for standard 3 metre width, and only two metres from kerb to property. Whom have you used??? Thanks, Daniel

Hi, I'm in Adelaide, need to get a crossover done soon, but I've had three quotes all near $2000. Surely it can't be THAT expensive. This would be for standard 3 metre width, and only two metres from kerb to property. Whom have you used??? Thanks, Daniel

1 cub metre of concrete + steel reo - say $350
Excavator to dig out and remove fill - say $400
Forming up and pouring/finishing/stripping - say $800
Profit for the contractor - say $450

2k seems close to me ;)

Back