Cost to DA stage

I'm trying to run a feasability on selling land with a DA on it for 6 townhouses. What people are involved in getting to DA? Excluding the purchase costs, I know that a surveyor/townplanner and architect are required, along with the application costs to council. Have I missed any other costs?

I'm trying to run a feasability on selling land with a DA on it for 6 townhouses. What people are involved in getting to DA? Excluding the purchase costs, I know that a surveyor/townplanner and architect are required, along with the application costs to council. Have I missed any other costs?

It depends you may need things like a geotech report ($3k), engineer plans for stormwater, etc, flood report, noise reports, etc.

arborist report if significant trees need to be chopped

significant cost may end up being holding cost of the land as these da's can take 6-18 months depending on who the council is

Would you share the study once complete? Be interesting to know more.
Is there demand for people to buy at da stage as you've done all the hard work, would a builder likely snap it up? Id think a developer could see the cost savings for these prelim works

Would you share the study once complete? Be interesting to know more.
Is there demand for people to buy at da stage as you've done all the hard work, would a builder likely snap it up? Id think a developer could see the cost savings for these prelim works

I think a developer could be interested if the feasability comes in at a figure that works for them. Just trying to work out my costs to determine a sale price that would work for me and then working out the developer profit based on that sale price. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the numbers are going to stack up at this stage unless a developer is banking on the Logan market rising during the construction period which is anyone's guess really.

I think a developer could be interested if the feasability comes in at a figure that works for them. Just trying to work out my costs to determine a sale price that would work for me and then working out the developer profit based on that sale price. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the numbers are going to stack up at this stage unless a developer is banking on the Logan market rising during the construction period which is anyone's guess really.

I think if you asked the crowd here Logan is on the up! But you'd need to sell soon.
A developer would need to do all the grunt work to get it to build stage which you'd do for them, I think if you can do it yourself and keep costs reasonable you could do it cheaper thandeveloper with over heads, or it would appeal to a builder that's ready to go.
Have you got your list together of costs, plus put on a number of hours it would take you but charge at "developer rate" they would need to go through all the steps at their teams rate.
Id think with all the buzz around Logan at the moment, you could get an up coming developer pounce on it, or someone wanting to do their first but holding off due to the over whelming paper work side

Back