Costs for Green Title Lots

I spent 30 minutes chatting to a surveyor who is involved with developers and he also develops himself.

He said there are many blocks now sold as survey strata and he has been doing this in Bayswater, Osborne Park all over the Perth metro area and that this is the way to go.

Because it is far cheaper and you do not require the same set backs as with a green title, therefore you have more land and consequently better outcome. He also said it is now becoming the norm practice to go this way.

I also spoke to 3 agents basically verifying this. So looks like I will be going down this road.

Cheers
MTR
It's possible that the perception of buyers is changing as they realise the benefits of survey strata no CP.

Marisa

Below is a feasability/estimate i got to split a corner block into two so should give you some idea.

The extra for green title is because the services are on the other side of the road so would require reports and works to do two green title.

This was also before wapc increased their da fees.

I chose to go built strata/survey strata with no common property as i dont see the extra costs adding to the value.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Hi HD
Just reviewing this, OK I would need to tack on demolishing costs around $15,000.

So you paid for project coordinator. Would I need to do this??

Cheers
MTR

Hi HD
Just reviewing this, OK I would need to tack on demolishing costs around $15,000.

So you paid for project coordinator. Would I need to do this??

Cheers
MTR

hello :D

Those costs were specific to my site. For your two lot survey strata subdivision they would be

water corp-$7k+-
western power dome (For two lots placed by their choosing and if you qualify for the subsidy which generally you do) $1400
see https://services.westernpower.com.au/online/edus/do/Home
Demolition/site clearance- $15k +-
COSTS: Below are quotes I received today
Survey Strata Surveying fees: $8,300 (Includes GST).
(I think this must incl a management fee aswell)
Application for the new certificates of title: approx. $3,000.
Plus plumbling to suit where your services run so 1k-5k estimate
And not sure if you have to supply the 2 crossovers before titles will be issued so you should check that.

I have also Attached a flow chart of how the process works for survey strata.
I will also post one of going built strata for anyone else interested. The costs for build strata i got today were
Indicative Strata Surveying fees: $3,000 (Includes GST).

? Building Surveyor fees: approx. $300 ? $400 per unit.

? Local Council fees: approx. $200.

? Application for the new certificates of title: approx. $3,000.

Hope that helps

cheers

Attachments

• z survey strata fs.pdf
    94.5 KB · Views: 268
  • z building strata da.pdf
    79.9 KB · Views: 314
Some more essential info for survey strata

OPTION 2: SURVEY STRATA

TITLE OWNERSHIP RULES:

? If either strata lot owner wants to re-develop their lot, they do not need the consent of ANY other strata owners ? this includes any change to the physical appearance of the buildings. This is a Strata Titles Act law.

? Each strata lot owner has freedom to re-develop their own lot, but no control over the re-development of the other strata lot.

? Each time a strata lot owner re-develops their lot, the Survey Strata Plan does not need to be updated again.

? MAY be more valuable and / or more attractive than a Building Strata (if / when selling) ? contact a Real Estate Agent.

COSTS:

? Survey Strata Surveying fees: $8,300 (Includes GST).

TIMING:

? Subject to finance, you can build before, during or after creating the Survey Strata titles.

? Survey Strata titling process can begin any time from now on.

? The authorities will only grant final approval of the Survey Strata when their conditions have been satisfied (see below).

PROCEDURE:

Please find attached a flowchart outlining the basic steps involved:

1. Application to the WAPC.

2. WAPC grants conditional approval (approx. 3 months after the application is lodged) ? this approval is valid for 3 years.

3. After the WAPC grants conditional approval you must do work and pay fees to satisfy the conditions of approval. The following is a GUIDE ONLY:

Water Corporation

? Headworks fees: approx. $7,000

? Employ a Licensed Plumber to install any new sewer pipes to ensure each lot contains a separate sewer connection: $?

Western Power

? Pay Western Power fees to provide an underground power supply to service each lot: approx. $1,400

? Employ an Electrical Contractor to convert any existing buildings from the current overhead power supply to the new underground power supply: $?

Local Council

? Demolish and clear all buildings & structures from the proposed new vacant lot: $?

? Remove all septic tanks from the entire site: $?

? Build 2 car bays and a storage shed for the existing house: $?

? Upgrade the current verge crossovers OR pay a cash-in-lieu bond for this work to the Local Council: $?

4. Licensed surveying to create the ?Survey Strata Plan?. This is normally done as soon as you have completed any required demolition / clearing of buildings and structures. The remaining Water Corporation, Western Power and Local Council work can be done before, during or after the licensed surveying.

5. Lodgement of the Survey Strata Plan to Water Corporation, Western Power and the Local Council for clearance of their conditions.

6. Once all clearances arrive, lodgement of the Survey Strata Plan to the WAPC and the WA Land Information Authority (Landgate) for final approval / examination.

7. Application for the new certificates of title.

NOTE:

? Steps 3 and 7 are not included in our Surveying fees.

TOTAL ESTIMATED TIMEFRAME:

8 MONTHS.

Some more essential info for going built strata.

OPTION 1: BUILDING STRATA

TITLE OWNERSHIP RULES:

? If either strata lot owner wants to re-develop their lot, they must gain the consent of ALL other strata owners on the other certificate of title first ? this includes any change to the physical appearance of the buildings. This is a Strata Titles Act law.

? Each strata lot owner has less freedom to re-develop their own lot, but more control over the re-development of the other strata lot.

? Each time a strata lot owner re-develops their lot, the Strata Plan must be updated again.

COSTS:

? Indicative Strata Surveying fees: $3,000 (Includes GST).

? Building Surveyor fees: approx. $300 ? $400 per unit.

? Local Council fees: approx. $200.

TIMING:

? Build first, create the Strata titles afterwards.

? Strata titling process begins at lock up stage.

? The local council will only grant final approval of the Strata when the entire development is 100% complete on site ? this includes total handover of the units, plus completion of all paving, crossovers, fencing, landscaping, etc.

PROCEDURE:

Please find attached a flowchart outlining the basic steps involved.

ADDITIONAL COSTS NOT NORMALLY INCLUDED IN CONSTRUCTION ? CHECK WITH YOUR BUILDER:

(NOT INCLUDED IN OUR SURVEYING FEES)

Water Corporation

? Employ a Licensed Plumber to install any new sewer pipes to ensure each lot contains a separate sewer connection: $?

Western Power

? Pay Western Power fees to provide an underground power supply to service each lot: approx. $1,400

? Employ an Electrical Contractor to convert any existing buildings from the current overhead power supply to the new underground power supply: $?

Local Council

? Demolish and clear all buildings & structures from the proposed new vacant lot: $?

? Remove all septic tanks from the entire site: $?

? Build 2 car bays and a storage shed for the existing house: $?

? Upgrade the current verge crossovers: $?

TOTAL ESTIMATED TIMEFRAME:

4 ? 8 WEEKS AFTER TOTAL ON-SITE COMPLETION.

Some more essential info for going built strata.

Water Corporation

Western Power

Oof! Do you know how that compares to survey strata?

OPTION 2: SURVEY STRATA

TITLE OWNERSHIP RULES:

? If either strata lot owner wants to re-develop their lot, they do not need the consent of ANY other strata owners ? this includes any change to the physical appearance of the buildings. This is a Strata Titles Act law.

Just watch this one if you are buying into a survey strata scheme. I owned a survey strata unit in Mandurah for a while that had external appearance as a survey strata scheme by-law. When I painted the gutters I had to paint them the same colour as the rest of the units (my gutters joined the next unit so I though that was fair enough). If you are buying into a survey strata scheme, read the by-laws!

Just watch this one if you are buying into a survey strata scheme. I owned a survey strata unit in Mandurah for a while that had external appearance as a survey strata scheme by-law. When I painted the gutters I had to paint them the same colour as the rest of the units (my gutters joined the next unit so I though that was fair enough). If you are buying into a survey strata scheme, read the by-laws!

That would be if it was building strata?
Survey strata is separate lots.

cheers

That would be if it was building strata?
Survey strata is separate lots.

cheers

Nope. Definitely Survey Strata with common property. The Survey strata scheme has by-laws. They are pretty innocuous though. I read them before I bought and didn't have a problem with them.

Hi All
Just an update:

Settled on my property in Kardinya on Wednesday and now going ahead with proposed 2 lot Survey Strata Subdivision.

Here is the fee proposal for those interested

1 Cadastral Survey Fee GST
Final subdivision survey and 1 x subdivision pegging. Calculations, $3,200
draft SSP and lodgement at Landgate, surveyors report and field
book, letter of release.
2 Manage Completion of Subdivision Conditions
Liaise with Government agencies to ascertain requirements. Seek (owner*)
quotations from contractors where necessary.
3 Clearances
Seek clearances from Western Power, Water Corporation & Local $300
Government.

Our service fee total (Stages 1 & 2): $5,250 $525
Our service fee total Stages 1 & 2 (including GST): $5,775

Note: client will be responsible for directly paying any other Government / sub-contractor fees not
mentioned above that may be required in order to fulfill subdivision conditions (i.e. Water Corporation,
Western Power, plumber, site works, demolition, settlement agent etc). Application is processed to ?In
Order for Dealings?.
*we can recommend a Project Manager to assist if you require.
Statutory Fees and Disbursements (Stages 1 & 2)
Item Cost GST

WAPC subdivision application fee $3,044.94 N/A
Certificate of Title & Diagram of Survey $60
Unit Entitlement $200
LG Clearance Fee $146 N/A
CSD File $200
Landgate Lodging Fee $400 N/A
WAPC Endorsement Fee $572 N/A
Search Fee $100
Total Statutory Fees (inc GST) $4,778.94
Note: Statutory fees are subject to change.

The above list may not include all potential statutory charges
that may need to be borne by the client.

Hi All
Just an update:

Settled on my property in Kardinya on Wednesday and now going ahead with proposed 2 lot Survey Strata Subdivision.

Here is the fee proposal for those interested

1 Cadastral Survey Fee GST
Final subdivision survey and 1 x subdivision pegging. Calculations, $3,200
draft SSP and lodgement at Landgate, surveyors report and field
book, letter of release.
2 Manage Completion of Subdivision Conditions
Liaise with Government agencies to ascertain requirements. Seek (owner*)
quotations from contractors where necessary.
3 Clearances
Seek clearances from Western Power, Water Corporation & Local $300
Government.

Our service fee total (Stages 1 & 2): $5,250 $525
Our service fee total Stages 1 & 2 (including GST): $5,775

Note: client will be responsible for directly paying any other Government / sub-contractor fees not
mentioned above that may be required in order to fulfill subdivision conditions (i.e. Water Corporation,
Western Power, plumber, site works, demolition, settlement agent etc). Application is processed to ?In
Order for Dealings?.
*we can recommend a Project Manager to assist if you require.
Statutory Fees and Disbursements (Stages 1 & 2)
Item Cost GST

WAPC subdivision application fee $3,044.94 N/A
Certificate of Title & Diagram of Survey $60
Unit Entitlement $200
LG Clearance Fee $146 N/A
CSD File $200
Landgate Lodging Fee $400 N/A
WAPC Endorsement Fee $572 N/A
Search Fee $100
Total Statutory Fees (inc GST) $4,778.94
Note: Statutory fees are subject to change.

The above list may not include all potential statutory charges
that may need to be borne by the client.

Dear Blair

As requested please find below our survey quotation to subdivide the abovementioned property.

2 Lot Survey-Strata Subdivision (with common property)

Surveying Services

Contour & Feature Survey (for WAPC application) $ 850.00 Preparation of application to WAPC $ 650.00

Preparation of Survey-Strata Plan of Subdivision, Forms & CSD file $ 740.00

Field surveying (boundary pegging etc.), calculations, materials, search information,

preparation of field book, consultations, lodging etc. $2400.00 Licensed Valuers Unit Entitlement fee $ 100.00

Cost $4740.00

GST $ 474.00 Total Cost $5214.00

Government Fees

Western Australian Planning Commission Application fee $1638.00 Western Australian Planning Commission Approval fee $ 579.00

City of Cockburn clearance fee $ 207.00 Landgate lodgement fee $ 440.00

Cost $2864.00

These were my fees for a survey strata subdivision, so very similar fees from the surveyor, I'm not sure why your WAPC application fee would be more than mine though. Mine was a 2 lot subdivision aswell

The wapc fees were doubled last year blair so you got in early.

The cheapest quote i have recieved for a two lot survey strata subdivision with no common property is $8600. And upto $11500 :confused:

Cheers

This is so good, Survey Strata for dummies... thanks:) I need to educate some re agents though.

Progress so far for my Kardinya corner lot, WA Planning has conditionally approved 2 lots, The Land Division still working on some of this.

However, I now need to employ a plumber, can anyone give me a contact, competitive price.

Also, my tenant moves out on 20 September, perhaps a silly question however can I do the plumbing prior to demolition?? I am trying to move things along as would like to sell one of the blocks asap/spring/summer this year. My surveyor has already put in application to Western Power we may have this in prior to demolition and he said that would save 2 months.

Thanks
MTR:)

Last edited:
Back