Could mods move the property investment - other section back to the top

Going to read your other thread and see if that 'New Threads' search is of any interest to me...

Please do - it solves pretty much all of the problems people have identified, and with the new opt-out feature allowing you to hide forums you don't want updates from, you can have a single place to view all updated threads for the topics you are interested in (you could bookmark the link to the search too!).

Im aware of "new posts" and "new threads" search but pulls up all areas - Im only interested in about half the content on the board.

Really I would be happy with just bringing back property general and giving forumites a central home again.

Ditto.

Can't we have a vote or something??

So we've had the changes in place for around 1 month now. 'Property Market Economics' seems to have partially become the new hub, at least it seems to get the most posts. Hardly the best outcome for the forum in my view.

Any chance we can get stats/graph of September and October (or perhaps over the last 12 months) and see how the changes have affected number of posts? I could be wrong, but things here certainly seem a lot slower after the changes were made.

So we've had the changes in place for around 1 month now. 'Property Market Economics' seems to have partially become the new hub, at least it seems to get the most posts.

I think you'll find that's because there is a lot of concern about the economy right now. Have you heard of this thing called the "Sub-prime crisis" and the global economic meltdown that's happening right now ?

That economics forum has been there for a couple of years now - nothing changed there.

Any chance we can get stats/graph of September and October (or perhaps over the last 12 months) and see how the changes have affected number of posts? I could be wrong, but things here certainly seem a lot slower after the changes were made.

Sorry, but we actually had our busiest week ever last week - more posts in one week than in any other single week since the forum started.

Attachments

• posts.png
    posts.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 96
I think you'll find that's because there is a lot of concern about the economy right now. Have you heard of this thing called the "Sub-prime crisis" and the global economic meltdown that's happening right now ?
Last time I checked it had been going on for longer than the last month.

Sorry, but we actually had our busiest week ever last week - more posts in one week than in any other single week since the forum started.
Interesting. Is it possible/easy enough to get activity in the form of number of new threads posted over the same period?

Last time I checked it had been going on for longer than the last month.

Yes - as has the posting in the Economics forum. It's been busy for a while now, where before the beginning of this year is was somewhat quieter.

Interesting. Is it possible/easy enough to get activity in the form of number of new threads posted over the same period?

Attached.

Once again - we have seen our busiest weeks ever for the creation of new threads in October.

The first three weeks of this month were #1, 2 & 3 in the busiest weeks of all time. Last week was a bit more quiet, but that was still #9 of all time - so relatively speaking was still quite busy.

Traffic is very clearly picking up on the forum.

Attachments

• threads.png
    threads.png
    15 KB · Views: 80
this thread reminds me of my visit to the supermarket today ... the buggers reorganised the cheese cabinet! took me forever to find the cheeses i wanted. how dare they! made me as cranky as heck :rolleyes:

damn cheeses ....

Reactions: Sim
I liked this subject at the top of the list too. With so many more posts and threads than the other subjects logically it also made sense.

Well the changes have me now using the new posts feature as recommended by Sim. I just don't look at the front page anymore. It's such a better way of looking at the forum I can't imagine going back. Only look at the topics you're interested in, only see threads that have been updated since you last looked, go straight to the first unread post in the thread. Much faster and it also makes you notice the increase in traffic.

Superb job Sim - much appreciated. I reckon if your changes get more people using these features that can only be a good thing. Discussion should be across the board, not just in one area anyway.

I too don't believe that a good reason to continue doing something is "because that's the way we have always done it". Change and progress are wonderful things and to be embraced, especially when it's positive like this IMO.

Back