Council *Shakes Head*

Just a quick little story for this Thursday.
I recently battled tooth and nail with my local council to get a second crossover approved on my planning permit. After pulling of a miracle I was successful. My PP has been amended and also approval for second crossover done.

Today my wife sends me a photo of council who have gone and planted a brand new tree right where the new crossover is going.

I honestly believe this will now cause me dramas when i go and tell them that I am ripping it up!

Hi Albanga I suppose a building desginer/draftsman etc handled ur case? just wondering who they r? I wasnt successful in retaining both crossovers and had to remove one of it and had it changed to nature strip....(yes block I was trying to building next to the existing dwelling had two crossovers)

Rip it out. i have done it along with a few in my street at the time.

Was it just your place or a few in the street? Either way remove it asap and say it was in then gone soon after. Deny deny deny

mate had plans approved for a flash new 2 storey home, council approved it, built the house and then it dawned on everyone there was a mature council tree right where crossover is shown on plan, council refuses a cut down, so now he has a dog legged drive way. it's the stupidest thing ever.

mate had plans approved for a flash new 2 storey home, council approved it, built the house and then it dawned on everyone there was a mature council tree right where crossover is shown on plan, council refuses a cut down, so now he has a dog legged drive way. it's the stupidest thing ever.

My brother went through a similiar situation in city of stirling, managed to not have to have a dog legged drive way but was forced to flip the entire house plan..

If you have approval, you have approval, there is nothing else to discuss, it is an internal issue (do you really expect the right hand to know what the left hand is doing).

If you have approval, you have approval, there is nothing else to discuss, it is an internal issue (do you really expect the right hand to know what the left hand is doing).

not quite that straight forward unfortunately. My mate had approval too, but the council doesn't care you just can't touch that tree

Haha love the story's! Common sense Almost never prevails!

@FFCHaser - no I handled it myself which is why I won I think. I took it to two independent town planners who both told me I had little chance.

On my first attempt they said NO because I would be taking away on street parking (my street is a no through road mind you with the closest shop a 10 minute walk, not sure cars lining up to park there). Anyway worked out I had a 6m crossover at the street but only 3m at the driveway so showed them that be shortening that and relocating it they lose nothing. Point to me.

Resubmitted and then they said NO because it does not adhere to neigborhood character, too much concrete. Showed them 5 houses in my street with the exact same set-up and how my proposal would actually minimize concrete. They were still not happy!!! Got 2 landscaping plans done, one with and one without second crossover to highlight how much nicer the "neigborhood character" would be.

Eventually they said yes! And now they plant a tree there!:eek:

Can you go back to the person who signed off on the approval and ask them what you can do? They might give you approval to remove the tree.

Lizzie had a similar thread, congratulations your smarter than a council employee!

Id say the tree removal submitted form x.x to the tree removal team, then they submitted firm 2x.x to the next Muppet, then someone passed on firm 3x.x to to the tree maintenance program, they submitted a form to the horticulturist who then said let's put the bong down and plant a tree where the old one was. Basically followed the procedures but did not think at any stage or communicate effectively.

all in all a good job was done.

Back