Countries on the road to recovery

is it? i thought it was an internet joke....?

my industry is fine. there's more to what i do that just development design.

the economies then and now are different. it's like comparing pre war japan to 1990s tokyo.

is it? i thought it was an internet joke....?

my industry is fine. there's more to what i do that just development design.

the economies then and now are different. it's like comparing pre war japan to 1990s tokyo.

do hope things go ok .. but wish people would open their minds some more to what could be coming .i live a good life and i feel lucky to do so i feel that is under serious threat and im a positive person.

id say i have 30 years tops and have enough to last if used wisely
but i need to stay a step ahead to do so .. so really job in its self .

do hope things go ok .. but wish people would open their minds some more to what could be coming .i live a good life and i feel lucky to do so i feel that is under serious threat and im a positive person.

id say i have 30 years tops and have enough to last if used wisely
but i need to stay a step ahead to do so .. so really job in its self .

i think people ARE open to what's happening or likely to happen - the discussions on this forum alone should be good proof of that.

i've said all along, there's money to be made in ANY market, if you can't chase growth then chase cashflow. short the market instead of buying it. look at different equities. corner a market. there's a bazillion ways to make money and there's always a reason to be optimistic.

a well balanced portfolio should have it all but hey, we like what we like.

My gut feeling is that Australia's property race has been run and the crowds are slowly starting to realise it. I'm not an all out doom and gloomer predicting a massive crash but I think the action is over.

Those seeking to aquire 10 IP's by 2020 using OPM will be in for a very different journey to those who embarked 10 years ago.

Property doubles every 7-10 years on AVERAGE. Not in every 7-10 year period.

RC

i agree RC - i think OPM and equity is dead for the majority of people.

got to generate your own cash now - i'll chase growth later.

I remember about 10-12 years ago, south east asian countries were in big trouble. How did they go forward? Can't the countries now in trouble do similar?

There's an article on the Independent's website today about the state of the world economy. You can read it here.

The brief gist is that the situation between the US and China is roughly like that between Greece and Germany writ large. And the US has the ability to devalue the dollar to screw the Chinese.

It could prove very messy...

It could prove very messy...

IMO it depends on who the lender is because a devalued US$ could still be a better option than holding money in their own currency.
The same question applies to the UK.
Who are their lenders and what would they do with their money if they didn't buy GBP's?

Back