Couple sells cat with their house

im watching sunrise at the moment and its the big news that a glen iris couple sold their cat with their house, the house didnt reach reserve,

and the agent offered the cat as the kid wanted it apparnetly, and $140k higher they got the house

the owners are joking and smiling and thinking they got a pretty good deal

is it just me, but does anybody else want to punch the owners in teh face?????

selling your family pet (coincidentally owned by their 19 yr old son), to me is frigging disgusting, and to be proud about it is even worse

maybe I need another coffee

:(

I hope the cat is going to be well cared for. Different people has different views on their pets.

My dog is my family member, I can offer buyer to be in contact with a really awesome breeder, but my dog ain't going anywhere just for a house to sell :mad:.

I need more coffee too TMNT.

I'm with ya TMNT.

Selling puss with the house is just not on in my books. It may be a purrfect house but nay.

Some friends of mine just bought $2.5mill place in Brisbane that came with the cat. Only thing was they didn't know it came with the house until a week after they moved in! The owner just left it, they had to be told by a neighbour that it was the old owners.

On the flip side;

When we moved to the USA, we had a cat which stayed at the house with the tenants - they were happy to keep it there with them, and it solved a problem for us about what to do with it..

The tenants moved out about a year later, and the lady asked us what we wanted to do with the cat. The lady had become really attached to it by this stage, and suggested she might like to take it with her..

We said she could take it with her when she moved, and she did.

She still has the cat today.

Back to this latest news item; anyone who can afford to buy a cat for $140k should be really taking a long hard look at themselves.

I like cats - have always had them (had 4 at one point :eek:), but let's be honest;

Cats are only concerned about their stomach, and being warm.

YOU - the owner of said cat (you never own a cat) - are a tool to that end and nothing more.

Those buyers should have offered $1k for the cat (even that is too much for any pet), and given the remaining $139k to the RSPCA...they no doubt need it.

Our current fleabag was an RSPCA selection...cost about $150 I think with all the vaccs and reg, etc.

MEEOW

Last edited:
Is just a cat. People buy and sell animals daily.

I doubt the $140K hinged on the cat. It was probably a tongue in cheek thing that the media has jumped all over.

Last edited:
im watching sunrise at the moment and its the big news that a glen iris couple sold their cat with their house, the house didnt reach reserve,

and the agent offered the cat as the kid wanted it apparnetly, and $140k higher they got the house

the owners are joking and smiling and thinking they got a pretty good deal

is it just me, but does anybody else want to punch the owners in teh face?????

selling your family pet (coincidentally owned by their 19 yr old son), to me is frigging disgusting, and to be proud about it is even worse

maybe I need another coffee

I felt the same way.
Was disgusted.

The cat is probably better off with the new family, with this attitude.

If the son owns the cat, the house owners have no right to sell the cat.

Nutty. Couldn't do it. At least we know cat has a good home ... unless he/she runs away to find old family.
New family may be a better family too.
Bayview, sorry to hear your cats consider you a tool even though you clearly love them.

Back