Craig Turnbull

Dear All,

1. I will like to find out if members have joined the Craig Turnbull's Property Investor Mentoring Group and his Aspire Club's activities and recommended property purchases.

2. Will the relevant members care to share your own experiences and outcome in this forum, please.

3. I've read all his books and have been 2 of his meetings myself. I did not like his meetings as basically, he seems to be marketing his Aspire Club's programmes and property development projects.

4. However, I do like Craig Turnbull's sharing/interpretation on REIWA market research and his own personal assessment on the Perth property market status and his next 12 months growth projection and future hotspot locations to invest in.

5. I am trying to find out what the other informed members who have participated in his programmes or/and monitor his market projection over the last few years, hoiw accurate has been his own market projection as well as how credible Craig Turnbull and his Aspire Club has been from the members' own participation/experiences in his programmes.

6. Looking forward to your kind sharing please.

7. Thank you.

regards,
Kenneth KOH

I am not sure why you would pay for someone to sell you a property - I will give you my growth suburb tips for free, not to mention the 'experts' tips that get published in the paper every 3 months. And let's face it anywhere in Perth over the next 12 to 18 months is going to be a good pick (admittedly some better than others).

Ive been reading Graigs books, subscribe to his ezines and attended a few of his seminars for the past few years now.

I too arent interested in his Mentoring program but do enjoy the other knowledge he readily shares, as well as listening to his weekly 1 hour radio show.

His books are very good value for money and IMHO provides alot more nuts & bolts info than alot of others out there on the market.

He's another source of networking and Property info.

Cheers

Update

Digging up this old thread.

Went along to one of his "Quarterly" updates last night after he did his last 3 years ago before he went OS to London/HK/China and now residing in Melbourne.

He had very positive things to say about the Perth property market and n his opinion it is about to take off with 4.5 out of 5 of his indicators showing we have past the bottom and are on the upswing.

This data is based on REIWA (up to the March quarter) all IIRC per the folloiwng:

• Median up by $2000 to $469,000, first increase in 7 quarters
  • % of sellers discounting their price dropping, down to 65% from about 72.5%
  • % discount by sellers dropping down to 6.4% from 7.5% in Sept 2011.
  • vacancy rate 1.9% (3% being balanced, currently 1.6%) down from 2.3% in Dec 11, 2.8% in Sept
  • Rents up 10% in last year to $420pw
  • Stock on the market about 14324 which is up and counter to other evidence (later corrected to 13759 after a question by me, so market does appear to have turned)
  • Selling days remains at about 79 with 60 being a balanced market, 35 at peak, 76 a year ago
  • Sales up by 13%, highest in 2 years

So all said, all the indicators, bar one (seling days), indicate that the market is on the improve.

Other things he said:
  • China needs to urbanise 20M people pa (that's like all Australia's population each year :eek: )
  • Anecdotal evidence of investors getting back into the market and buying up new H&L packages
  • FHBs easily spooked with news of Greek defaults etc, hence recovery has been very patchy
  • Believes there will be at least another 100bp reduction in the RBA rate
  • Look to buy at least R30 zoned properties. This allows use of plot ratios and multiple dwelling calculation to maximum development under R-Code amendments
  • Mentioned his list of must buy suburbs for the next 5 years or so
  • Mentioned buying older units within a 5km radius of Perth and reno them
  • WA population increasing from 2.3 to 4.3M by 2056
  • Current growth is 2.4% the highest in Australia
  • 50% of future jobs to be in, or related to, mining
  • Unemployment, down to 3.8%
  • $500B in projects in mining boom

Looks like he has been heavily into development projects in Melbourne and has come back to do one in Southern River. He was flogging it off with land able to be bought under an Option arrangement for a maximum of 20 lots (the most he can sell without an AFSL). Felt like he is now not involved with his Aspire wealth business hence no AFSL. Not my cup of tea, but interesting to hear land being "sold" this way.

He is keen on coming back to Perth next quarter.

That's about all I can remember.

The venue was Technology Park in Bentley with about 80 people in attendance (with two other night being the same size). The last time he did this was at the Burswood Grand Ballroom with over 1,000 people. My, times have changed.

He did make an interesting comment. He said that these info nights were small as he "wasn't sure of the reception he would get". I don't know what that means. Did he ruffle a few feathers in town and has been OS trying to lie low? Dunno. Might be nothing.

Last edited:
Hi HotRod,

Yes I went along to his first investor update last Saturday Morning at the Mantra Hotel in Perth.

My understanding was Craig wanted a small more intimate group this time round compared to his bigger updates 3 years ago. As such he only sent out emails to those people who had previously opted into his regular ezine updates.

All the info you have taken from last night is pretty much as I remember. I didnt take any notes on paper as Craig said he will email his presentation notes & info Thursday this week, to everyone who was there .

Just one query re your post - This data is based on REIWA all IIRC per the folloiwng..

What is IIRC?

I got an invite. OMG, the conditions to attend for free....

Since we can only present this opportunity to a select few at each event, we really need to make sure that your attendance won’t be at the expense of someone else who genuinely wants a chance to really get the inside market information, but cannot, because we have limited room. To join me for this complimentary event, to hear my personal market tips and insights and to find out more about a unique investment opportunity aiming for 15-20% returns, I would respectfully ask that you can tick off each of these boxes before you book:-

You believe that property prices will be higher in 5 years than they are now.
You have $50-$70,000 available to invest, which may be in cash or lazy superannuation.
You understand that to succeed in life, you must be willing to act.

Spells 'come if you have confidence in the Perth market and want to buy what I'm selling' to me. I think he may have a point that now is a good time to buy in Perth, but was a bit :eek: Perth is the next Gold Coast!

I just went for the info.

All seminars have something to sell.

You never get something for nothing, it's just that someone else will pay.

Holy Thread Revival Hot Rod, you're as bad as me

From memory Craig Turnbull sold up, including his mentoring program which he sold to some of his membership group abefore he went onto bigger and better things with a wealth group in west perth, looking at the updates above he must've then moved overseas?

I think he's mixed up with some land developments in success (WA) also?

Good to see him back if only visiting as I enjoyed his updates, this time he's offering to

Discover how the mining boom will dramatically affect our real estate market in the future.

Understand where we are in the market cycle - timing is everything.

Learn why NOW is absolutely the time to get set for your next property investment.

Find out where I see the best capital growth opportunities in Perth - my famous market predictions!

You will have the opportunity to learn about an evolutionary, even revolutionary way to invest in property.

What was the evolutionary/revolutionary process?

Attachments

• Old Thread.png
    Old Thread.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 133
I just went for the info.

All seminars have something to sell.

You never get something for nothing, it's just that someone else will pay.

I went for the info also. Just one of many resources available to us all as investors. Also good to gain knowledge of other investment options out there.

Good to see him back if only visiting as I enjoyed his updates, this time he's offering to

Yes he said he's been living in HK and Melbourne for the past 3 years.

Stated he been working on developments in Melbourne.

Has completed his developments in Success and is currently working on marketing options to a land banking development he has in Southern River.

Holy Thread Revival Hot Rod, you're as bad as me

From memory Craig Turnbull sold up, including his mentoring program which he sold to some of his membership group abefore he went onto bigger and better things with a wealth group in west perth, looking at the updates above he must've then moved overseas?

What was the evolutionary/revolutionary process?

"Buying" land with an option. I see a few people getting on-board and not knowing what they are doing, going by the questions from the floor.

I went for the info also. Just one of many resources available to us all as investors. Also good to gain knowledge of other investment options out there.

As I said, that's why I went.

I wanted to see if my interpretation of the property indicators were the same as his. They were, which is pleasing to see.

Now I am the master.......

398762-54125-darth-vader_large.jpg

This was a good evening. I agreed with his prognosis that things are looking bullish for Perth property for the next few years and that the flatness is probably over.

Craig seems to be associated with Agincourt Capital http://agincourtcapital.hk/firm-profile/leadership/craig-turnbull-ceo/

Biz model appears to be - borrow from Chinese bond holders at 4% to buy Oz property yielding at least 8% or so. If you hedge the currency right which I imagine may be simplified by the fact that the Chinese government sets the exchange rate then you're laughing I guess.

Back