Crazy Properties

i have one of these blocks behind my house, inside the fence line, it becomes part of my title after 12 years of owning this house. My neighbor took his entitlement last year and build a lap pool on it !

If it's a separate title couldn't you do a boundary change to make it bigger and create a battle axe?

An old family friend sold a tiny patch of swamp for about five times market value to his neighbor who could then develop it. All he needed was the extra title.

My partner had something like this on her land - 110 acres, but there was about 40sqm against the road that wasn't hers, totally surrounded by her land. Council wanted her to buy it (with noone else interested at all of course) AND pay the back rates on it!
So be careful with something like this - check whether rates are owing and how much. Also the additional costs to legally add the little piece into a single larger block isn't zero. If you don't add them together then there's ongoing rates and stuff. Also, the little piece would be costing money which won't be part of the IP since, by itself, it isn't earning rental income so no deductions for rates, etc.

Back