Creative way to add MORE value to your waterfront property

Thanks Wombat

That was a good read, nice to see there are still people out there with a just do it attitude. Nike will love him.

He's either got huge balls or he's a newbie developer who doesn't think much.

cheers
quoll

quoll said:
Thanks Wombat

That was a good read, nice to see there are still people out there with a just do it attitude. Nike will love him.

He's either got huge balls or he's a newbie developer who doesn't think much.

cheers
quoll

My guess is that he knew EXACTLY what he was doing. He probably knew how hard it would be to get a permit and how long it would take - so figured he'd be better off just building the thing. He's gambling that once it already exists, council won't be able to do too much about it, and he'll cop a punitive fine.

Wombat,

Thanks for that.

Great laugh.

Almost unbelievable. Would love to meet the bloke.

Not saying I agree in environmental vandalism though.

A86 (still shaking head in disbelief)

Perhaps not - in the mainstream media (whatever value it has as a reliable source Im not sure) they mentioned fines of upto $120K

Oh no - like $120K is going to matter if he gets to keep the changes.

Huge gamble none the less

It would be nice to see the cost comparison between doing it correctly and paying the fines.

He's saved a lot of time but starting, not sure how much time he will loose with the council crap he has to go through now but it's probably less due to the exposure of the media so council will try to sort the situation out quickly.

If he'd asked first it might have been years before he was told he's not to do it.

cheers
quoll

quoll said:
It would be nice to see the cost comparison between doing it correctly and paying the fines.

cheers
quoll

Can't imagine he would have got to do it if he did it correctly. And he may have to undo it ....:)

See Change

Yes, its a bit like clearing the land in front of your foreshore property to ensure YOUR view of the ocean. All illegal, actioned with a small fine and possible revegetaion by the council. The council may act slow but they too have become lateral thinkers erecting huge signs in the areas where this has been done.
Perhaps along with the fine they could insist that the land be refilled?
Considering, he was a developer he would be well aware of the implications of his actions!

I dont think we can assume that because he is a developer he was aware of the implications - Im constantly amazed at peoples ignorant outlooks on life (even my own at times - Hey Im working on it)

Back