Credit card

depends if you spend a bit on etc etc.
i spend an average of 100-200K per year on the card buying goods to sell etc.
and so far i haven't travelled economy in the last 5 years.

Im pretty sure my CBA master cards gives me 1point/dollar. And the amex card (attached to the same credit limit) give me 3points/dollar.

$0 annual fee as a valued client :p

I would have to check the above cos its a while since I looked at it. I don't ever fly qantas so don't know for sure.

Just don't use the card when overseas, CBA makes half their profits from international card transactions I recon.

Blacky

I got a similar/same letter from ANZ. I had the gold card which they removed from sale a while ago and have been happily plodding along with it. Was not happy when I received the letter in the mail though.

I rang the number on the letter and they moved me on to an on-sale product with the same points accrual but the cap per month is $12k for the account so happy enough with that as it's not my primary card as ANZ point accrual is not the greatest.

Only thing that's annoying is it's new card numbers as I knew all the old visa card's details by heart.

Im pretty sure my CBA master cards gives me 1point/dollar. And the amex card (attached to the same credit limit) give me 3points/dollar.

I would have to check the above cos its a while since I looked at it. I don't ever fly qantas so don't know for sure.

Just don't use the card when overseas, CBA makes half their profits from international card transactions I recon.

Blacky

CBA reduced the points per dollar a couple of months ago. I think it is now 1/points Mastercard, 2.5 Amex or something.

Just spent over 30mins with ANZ on the phone and they were happy to 'upgrade' me to their next level up card however wanted me to pay more $$'s.

Told them where to go ...

So ... I can see the Citibank $0 annual card fee mentioned above does not offer the bonus points for sign up. you simply pay the yearly $49 Qantas reward fee.

If one wants to privilege to earn the bonus sign on points you need to cough up $299 p/year + $49 Qantas reward fee.

I can't seem to find a better deal than the $0 Citi annual fee with no cap on earning Qantas points.

Just spent over 30mins with ANZ on the phone and they were happy to 'upgrade' me to their next level up card however wanted me to pay more $$'s.

Told them where to go ...

So ... I can see the Citibank $0 annual card fee mentioned above does not offer the bonus points for sign up. you simply pay the yearly $49 Qantas reward fee.

If one wants to privilege to earn the bonus sign on points you need to cough up $299 p/year + $49 Qantas reward fee.

I can't seem to find a better deal than the $0 Citi annual fee with no cap on earning Qantas points.
yeah its by far the best one, id seriousl take it, citibank have good deals every now and again, but they never come back in the same form,

my bro got the highest tiered card for life fee free about 8 years ago, with 1.25points per $1, im a jealous boy!!

Blacky

nah, its 1.5 points per $1 for qantas points for amex, and either 0.625 or 0675 per $ on teh MC and visas for CBA

that I know for a fact,

the 3 points is the CBA rewards cprogram which works out to be similar ratios give or take, once you look at the conversion rates

Assuming a business class ticket return to Asia cost (Emirates, JAL, Korean Air, Cathay) like 3-4K -

Citibank citibank credit card 60-80,000 points $299
ANZ - fee free - 50,000 (spend $1500 first 3 months)

the equilavent would be more than enough to get you a business return to Asia for merely $299 + $250(tax) = $500.

That is less than the cost to go overseas using economy.

After 3-4 months, close the card.

if you're not travelling - that yeah it would not be worth it.

Melbournian, unfortunately there is no 'free' ANZ card.

I just signed up for the free Citi card ... only catch is the $49 yearly membership fee for Qantas.

I just applied for a new St George Amplify Signature card, and they have approved and credited me 60000 Qantas frequent flyer points, and the card earns points at a rate of 1.5 per dollar spent on Australian merchants, and 3 points per dollar spent on overseas merchants. It also provides travel insurance and some other stuff I likely won't use (e.g. concierge services).

Fee is $279 per year.

This is very useful website to compare.
The NAB offer looks good for the bonus points and free first year.
I signed up for it for the 40,000 free points and also joined QFF using the code FAMILYFREE for a bonus 10,000 points. The NAB card is good for Amex (1.5 points per dollar) but no so good for visa (0.5 points per dollar). Fee free for the first year. I will cancel after 11 months. With the little that I spend on credit, it's not worth the $250 annual fee after that.

I just applied for a new St George Amplify Signature card, and they have approved and credited me 60000 Qantas frequent flyer points, and the card earns points at a rate of 1.5 per dollar spent on Australian merchants, and 3 points per dollar spent on overseas merchants. It also provides travel insurance and some other stuff I likely won't use (e.g. concierge services).

Fee is $279 per year.

wow!! 60k points is heaps,

thats a return trip to asia,

or half a trip to europe

congrats

Fee is $279 per year.

Nice one. Impressed they credited the QFF points so quickly.

I have an HSBC Platinum QFF card (VISA).

1 point for every dollar, 2 points for every dollar spent overseas. Includes travel insurance via Zurich if any of your trip is booked on the card. Think the annual fee is the killer at $199. Also get a couple of passes to the Qantas lounge each year.

Decent deal if you travel, as overseas the rates of transactions are good with minimal OS surcharge and so on. No complaints.

Back