Credit Cards Again/Benefits

AND they occasionally PAY you to use it! :D

The Y-man

Bwahahaha, yes, even with my other bank *paying* me to use the card...

I'm a bank's worst nightmare.

Let's see, what have I done in the last 3 months:
1. Opened an account with Rabobank to get a free case of wine (estimated value $100?")
2. Referred my mum to ING so that we could each get $250 Iconic gift cards (value $500)
3. Opened a new credit card with Coles for 18 month 0% interest free balance transfer
4. Opened a new credit card with my current bank for 40,000 QFF points (estimated value at least $250)

Hey, a freebie is a freebie... but I'm trying not to put too many hits on my credit file. So I don't mind opening bank accounts, but baulk at too many new credit cards obviously.

1. Opened an account with Rabobank to get a free case of wine (estimated value $100?")
2. Referred my mum to ING so that we could each get $250 Iconic gift cards (value $500)
3. Opened a new credit card with Coles for 18 month 0% interest free balance transfer
4. Opened a new credit card with my current bank for 40,000 QFF points (estimated value at least $250)

Hey, a freebie is a freebie... but I'm trying not to put too many hits on my credit file. So I don't mind opening bank accounts, but baulk at too many new credit cards obviously.

Well done, but those credit file hits, not something i will be doing

I think you'll find with the ING one there's a credit hit with that too even though it's a savings account. I looked into it but read it in the fine print.

Last time I checked, it was as--or more--cost effective to just redeem points as cash. Anyone able to demonstrate that this is not the case?

p.s. I use the AMEX platinum where possible.

By invitation. To be invited you need to be spending a lot ($250k+ pa) on another AMEX card. Just rumours I've heard.

yeah this is what I also heard,

no limit amex
inviation only
free concierge to do everything for you, (probably even scratch your butt too)
its thick and made of metal
annual fee of $3k USD ish
very exclusive

everybody knows someone who knows someone who has one!! except me of course!

I have an NAB flybuys mastercard, which has a $65 annual fee. You get a flybuy point per dollar spent on the card and 2000 flybuy points gets you $10 to use on your flybuys card at Coles, Liquorland, Target, etc. Therefore, as long as you churn more than $13K through this CC per year and take advantage of the up to 55 interest-free period and pay it off monthly, you are ahead.

Ive had Citibank for a while and use to be on the Citi Business $150 fee and you get 1.5 frequent flyer points for every $1 spent. It was good until they ended it and moved me to the new signature card. long story short I got the free lifetime annual fee waived with one of there promotion seen on Oz bargains and pay $49 for Qantas frequent flyer program.

http://www.citibank.com.au/aus/credit_cards/cards_signature.htm

The Citiplus savings account also provides no conversion fees when used to purchase items online overseas another plus for citibank

yeah this is what I also heard,

no limit amex
inviation only
free concierge to do everything for you, (probably even scratch your butt too)
its thick and made of metal
annual fee of $3k USD ish
very exclusive

everybody knows someone who knows someone who has one!! except me of course!

This is true.

My previous employee had one (i am in finance so control this kind of set up). I certainly didnt suggest it but he wanted one so got it. The minimum spend was $50 -$60k per annum before they offer you one.

Came delivery in a large hardwood case. I believe the card is made of titanium.

This is true.

My previous employee had one (i am in finance so control this kind of set up). I certainly didnt suggest it but he wanted one so got it. The minimum spend was $50 -$60k per annum before they offer you one.

Came delivery in a large hardwood case. I believe the card is made of titanium.

50-60k isnt very high,
surely you must need at least 100k

agreed, I regularly spend 90k per year for the past five six years on amex but have not received invitation.

Ive been told that they asses the nature of purhcases as well,

if they are all busienss expenses, then they rate you lower or not at all, if its personal expenses, then that means higher income

it does seem logical, im sure there are heaps of people turning over say $250k through business purchases , but are just average in terms of income

Ive been told that they asses the nature of purhcases as well,

if they are all busienss expenses, then they rate you lower or not at all, if its personal expenses, then that means higher income

it does seem logical, im sure there are heaps of people turning over say $250k through business purchases , but are just average in terms of income

But from a credit card company's viewpoint, does it matter whether the card is being used for business purposes versus personal purchases? As long as the card is being used, then they should profit.

But from a credit card company's viewpoint, does it matter whether the card is being used for business purposes versus personal purchases? As long as the card is being used, then they should profit.

of course, any sales is profit profit profit,

but from a perspective to decide to offer this centurion card or not, im pretty sure that it would have some affect,

I used to buy my lotto tickets and online sports betting on credit card, but they changed the rules to make it a cash advance,

that really annoyed me, they make a huge profit from the fees already and they feel like they need to make it even more now

Back