Credit enquiry removal

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there's a process to go through to remove credit enquiries from your file that are there due to others mistakes? E.g., a professional putting in an unfinished/not checked application which a bank rejects when one of the reasons for rejection is something this person could've easily checked and identified before the application was lodged on your behalf. To illustrate, one issue could be a HECS debt that appeared clearly on your payslip but the bank claims said professional didn't disclose.

Did you disclose the Hecs debt when completing the application? Was the hecs debt on the fact find you completed with the lender/broker?

On removing the credit hit, you need to contact the lender involved in the first instance, and if that doesnt work, they will have a dispute resolution process to follow.

I dont like your chances, and I dont think one credit hit is going to be as important to your chances of obtaining finance as you think.

The HECS debt is one example but there were a number of similar, very obvious things that were not picked up. It was two hits unforunately. I will contact the lenders and see what they say

Hey cimbom

Give the lender a buzz and explain the situation - they might have a process to have it removed..... but I'm leaning towards what Tobe has said in terms of your chances of having it removed.

If it's just the one hit than it shouldn't cause too many dramas - but I understand it must have been a frustrating experience.

Cheers

Jamie

I don't like your chances either unfortunately.

A couple of years ago we had a clients application rejected by a lender because there were some defaults on the credit record which turned out to be due to fraud and identity theft.

After a lot of effort, the fraudulent applications and the default were removed from the CRAA, but the declined application we lodged was not.

I agree that the finance professional should have picked up on the student debt but to be fair borrowers rarely draw attention to it and it's fairly easy to overlook on a payslip. Unfortunately this is a job where 98% often isn't good enough, everything has to be 100%. Most people don't get things done 100% properly 100% of the time.

Back