Credit File Defaults - Removed

Hi guys,

There are many Companies who claim they can remove credit defaults.
Now I'm very aware of how they go about it to try and have them successfully removed, I'm also aware that this can sometimes take 2 months or longer (apparently) for it happen, if successful of course and I'm also aware that nothing is guaranteed.

My question to you guys is, has anyone ever used any of these Companies/services, who was it, was it removed successfully, how long did it take and how much did it all cost?

I'm sure there are many people on this forum that would like to know this from first hand experience and not simply from websites making claims.

This has come all about after speaking to a Mortgage Broker who tells me that they use some guy (external) to remove these defaults for their clients. That the success rate is pretty high too.

Hope some of you can shed some light into whether this is all just a con, a waste of money or it actually does work for some.

Thanks in advance.

I've had clients use wefixcredit.com cost about $1500 and took about 6 weeks.

I make no other assertions about the company - good or bad - other than what I said above.

I think some companies offer a no result - no fee option?

I've had clients use wefixcredit.com cost about $1500 and took about 6 weeks.

I make no other assertions about the company - good or bad - other than what I said above.

I think some companies offer a no result - no fee option?

The costs and timing sound about right. They charge per default.
I have yet to see any Company that offers a no result - no fee service.
They usually want some money upfront, then after looking at your defaults in more depth and feeling confident of success they will want more.

This is the issue, you pay for a service that you may not receive.

I've done it for one of my clients in my legal practice- client had already paid out the tax department debt,so I filed notice of Discontinuance in the District Court after ATO signed off on it, and wrote to Veda who removed it pretty well straight away ( threatened to hold them responsible for economic loss of client if a pending deal fell over due to a listed default.)

Charged my hourly rate- probably 1.5 hours so about $5-600. I suppose it depends on the number of defaults and work involved.

I normally don't do this but it was for an existing client on a property deal so he could get a first teir refinance.

I've done it for one of my clients in my legal practice- client had already paid out the tax department debt,so I filed notice of Discontinuance in the District Court after ATO signed off on it, and wrote to Veda who removed it pretty well straight away ( threatened to hold them responsible for economic loss of client if a pending deal fell over due to a listed default.)

Charged my hourly rate- probably 1.5 hours so about $5-600. I suppose it depends on the number of defaults and work involved.

I normally don't do this but it was for an existing client on a property deal so he could get a first teir refinance.

I thought only the person who created a default against you could have it removed and not Veda? From everything I have read, Veda will not remove any default unless instructed to do so from the entity who reported the default.

Do you think you would have any luck with having paid defaults removed? What about a Section 9?

Legal practice with an hourly rate? That's unusual. Most have a 6 minute block rate :p

Legal practice with an hourly rate? That's unusual. Most have a 6 minute block rate :p

Works out better that way. Instead of charging for every 6 minutes or part thereof I charge every hour or part thereof. I make 8 phone calls a day and I can go home having reached my billable hours!:D

Works out better that way. Instead of charging for every 6 minutes or part thereof I charge every hour or part thereof. I make 8 phone calls a day and I can go home having reached my billable hours!:D

Must be long phone calls!

In a previous job I was required to bill at least 6 hrs per day and once got into trouble for 'working for free' because I didn't bill for a phone call i answered where I said 'sorry he is not here now'.

that's like when chasing up a lawyer to do something they should have already done, I hate sending the reminder email because you know it will cost $60+GST

Back