Credit hit on Pre approal extention?

Does extension on Pre approval from Bank causes an additional Credit hit?

Note Pre approval is already in place but expires in a month time....Pre approval was done in October last year...

cheers

Note Pre approval is already in place but expires in a month time....Pre approval was done in October last year...

cheers

Most likely yes because the application would have expired and therefore need a need a new credit check

Yes, it will almost certainly create another hit on your report.

Almost all lenders require a new application to be submitted after 90 days. This process incurs a credit hit.

It's generally not necessary to get another pre-approval. The first one tells you everything you need to know. Unless your financial circumstances have changed for the worse, there's no point in a new pre-approval.

Hiya

Which lender is this with?

A preapproval extension sounds like a loan resubmission (I've never actually done one - I can't see the need).

As Pete said - I wouldn't bother with a new preapproval once the current lapses. Just wait until you find your property and then go for formal approval.

Cheers

Jamie

cheers

Are you buying at auction or with an unconditional contract?

ta
rolf

Yes there'll most likely be another enquiry. Not sure its necessary unless your in the 2 situations that Rolf outlined or your situation has changed.

Cheers,
Redom

Back